Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bartering

Posted by jasonennett (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 0:18

We, like many, are attempting to become more self sufficient. We grow almost everything we eat, soon to be everything, veggie wise and fruit wise anyway. We also raise chickens for eggs, this spring we will begin raising chickens for meat as well. We are looking for families in the murfreesboro/christiana area that raise honey, cows milk, goat milk, make cheeses, etc. If you know of anyone that might be interested in a barter system, or have any ideas for creating a network of likeminded self-sufficiency leaning folks, please let me know. You can like my facebook page created for this purpose if you wish. I look forward to trading with you and sharing self-sufficient ideas as well. God bless

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Who-needs-grocery-stores-anyway-Of-Middle-Tn/130650443666852

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bartering

Did you ever find your rainbarrels? We never heard back from you after your initial rainbarrel post.

o

Great to see this movement gaining ground. Even just buying local is much more sustainable.

o

Yes I did! Found them at a car wash for 12.00 each. Have them set up and running four piped together. They filled with the last rain and working well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here