Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey paperart

Posted by velsgarden TN 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 8, 10 at 9:33

I was just looking at your ws blog.It was nice.But I did notice you didnt take your tops off of your bottles.You need to do this so they can get plenty of moisture and good air circulation.And when you have sprouts and the weather gets warmer you want to make sure you still have plenty of condensation inside the bottles.And when I prep my bottles I cut slits on two sides of the 2 liter bottles.Then when we have warm days and cooler nights I make a upside down v out of those slits,and rasise the lid during the day for good air circulation,and push them back down at night until they are ready to have the lids completely taken off.Some people plant out when they get their first true set of leaves,some in Feb.,but I just havent taken that leap of faith yet.Im glad you are trying ws this year and hope you are having fun with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey paperart

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 19, 10 at 22:39

Seems like no one is around to get their messages anymore.

o
RE: Hey paperart

I have been working so much latly , that i haven't been checking the posts. It's been so cold here that my bottles are frozen. i will take the tops off when it gets a little warmer, they are in the shade too. I'm worried that my non gardner husband will not open bottles when it gets warm and I am at work! He can walk by a plant that is wilted for lack of water and not even notice! LOL! I cut mine in half at the middle so i can just open them when it gets so hot that the tops off are not enough. The slits are a good idea too, i'll try that next time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here