Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
columbiastock

Plant & Herb Sale

columbiastock
14 years ago

The Herb Society of Nashville's sale is "Saturday, April 17, 2010" in the Sports Arena at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. A listing of plants expected for sale are located on "http://www.herbsocietynashville.org/events_open_to_ the_ public.htm". What a wonderful list! !

Comments (14)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

The web address in the post above doesn't work because of extra spaces. The one below is the actual link and should work...

Here is a link that might be useful: Working Link

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Awesome! This sounds neat & is close to me. =) Herbs are the one type of plant I usually have the hardest time starting from seed too (exceptions being known easy to grow ones like Basil). Let's try to keep this post on the top so I don't forget about it (along with other people)...lol.

- Steve

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Steve,
    Just make a link to this post and put it in the middle of your desktop or use a post-it note and stick it to the top of your monitor (or to the side of one of your tomato plant pots).

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Yea, I probably should. I forget everything else that I don't have some type of reminder like that for...lol. =)

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Brandon, :)! Wondering if Knoxville and Memphis area have a Herb Society Sale?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

There used to be a Knoxville Herb Society, but I don't think it exists now.

There are herb societies in Chattanooga (Chattanooga Area Herb Society) and Morristown (Garden Thyme Herb Society).

Some herbs can be found at many of our local plant sales here in Knoxville (See my "2010 East TN Plant Events Calendar" thread). The Garden Thyme Herb Society held a sale near the end of April last year, but I haven't seen any announcement for this year.

• paperart
    14 years ago

this is one of the best sales of the year! I went last year, stood in line to get in, met some nice people while I waited and got a boat load of great plants. I'm taking two ladies from my new garden Bible study with me. yes, my church has Sunday night focus groups and I started a garden group, eigtht ladies so far and we had a great time last Sunday.

Here is a link that might be useful: new blog post

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Garden bible study? That sounds interesting!

Wanda, thanks for the heads-up! I think I might try to go. What a nice selection of Lavenders!

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

paperart!! I am very excited about raising mealworms after reading your blog.My grandson has an Iguana,and those little bugger get expensive after 3 years.He is 9 .I think he would also enjoy it to.SOOO where can I get good worms without ordering them.

Pat

• ritzbitz
    14 years ago

LIMEQUAT-lol!!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

huh????

• daisy522
    14 years ago

Any one know the general prices of the plants?

• critterhavenfarm
    14 years ago

They range in prices from $1 on some of the plant members plants, up to $3, $5, $8, $10, and then some of the more ornate rosemary's and such can get on up there. I think the highest thing I saw there was a rosemary topiary for like $75, but it was huge, ornate, and just gorgeous. That was a few years ago. Some of the larger ones now are about $25-35. There is a range for everything...but most of the smaller sq. pot herbs are around $3-5. I've been every year except the 2 years my kids were born, stood and sat thru snow, rain, and gorgeous weather, and loved every minute of it!
    Susan

• paperart
    14 years ago

Hey, Pat, a good source for a starter supply of meal worms is Exotic Pet Nutricion. Order the small ones, they will grow bigger. I bought some freeze dried ones a few weeks ago because my live ones were going through a period of more bugs than worms. My birds eat the freeze dried as well as the live and they were pretty cheap.