Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irisaddict

What I want to take home from the MTPS Swap

irisaddict
15 years ago

I know this is covered some in other topics but I wanted one just listing the plants with a subject line people could find easily.

What I desperately need are more blueberry plants. I guess I got that delay effect from the drought and lost 5 out of 6 plants. Some I had planted over 5 years ago!

I could also use a water lily or two, if anyone is dividing. Also, if you have extra water or hyacinths by the swap, I always need those.

Thanks,

Evelyn

Comments (71)

• msbatt
    15 years ago

Oh, Glenda! I want some Bridal Wreath and white quince!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    15 years ago

Oooo...i'd love some ginger and garlic! :) I'll throw in an Indian Princess Nasturtium with whatever trade.

• columbiajen
    15 years ago

Ohh Glenda I would love some solomonseal and trillium please! I hope I bring something you like!

Jennifer

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Would anyone like any turtle heads-chelone plants?

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The plants on this list have inspired me to pot up some daylilies this week. Named varieties even!

Would anyone want to swap for daffodils or some Naked Ladies (lycoris)? The ladies' bulbs are small now but will bloom in a few years.

Evelyn

PS. Do not search for "naked ladies" on the internet without including the word lycoris.

• burwoodbelle
    15 years ago

Evelyn; Please put me down for some of your named daylilys.
    I have you some trilliam,dutchmans britches,jack-n-pulpit.
    aaaaaaand maybe indian pinks.

PAT LOGAN

• granniemable
    15 years ago

What IÂm looking for:
    Blue Hosta
    lily's(toad,uncommon)
    Lemon grass
    Stevia
    Asian pear tree
    Bay tree
    Mushroom kit(any kind)
    Wild Flowers of the Southeast (book)
    Canning Jars (any size, no mayo jars)

This is What I have to trade:
    All seeds are from my yard harvested last year.
    White datura seeds
    Petticoat purple datura seeds
    Black pearl ornamental pepper seeds
    Marigolds mixed colored seeds
    Zinnia mixed colored seeds
    Red 4oÂclock seeds
    Bachelor buttons seeds
    Hollyhocks (red pink, black, white, double and singles) seeds
    Blanket flower seeds
    Sucrine DuBery squash seeds
    Firebombs pepper seeds
    Chilly Chile seeds
    Cayenne pepper seeds
    Italian white pepper seeds
    Okra seeds
    Heirloom watermelon (no name) seeds
    Long dipper seeds
    Dill seed
    Winter squash(lots of variety just ask, seeds are from trades)

Veggie Plants
    Tiger golf ball tomatoes
    Beefsteak tomatoes
    Red Zebra tomatoes
    Cherokee tomatoes
    Giant Italian pear tomatoes
    German Johnson tomatoes
    Nayagous tomatoes
    TonyÂs Italian paste tomatoes
    Wahib paste tomatoes
    Preacher tomato
    Sugar lump tomato
    Rainbow tomatoes
    Church tomato

KelloggÂs tomato

Houseplants
    I will only bring houseplants and Geraniums only if I have a pre-arranged trade!
    Begonia, no name round, ruffle dark wine colored leaves with pink blooms
    Begonia , Tiger like
    Geraniums
    Tri-colored leaves, salmon bloom
    Traditional red bloom

• columbiastock
    15 years ago

I would love to have some turtle heads-chelone! We are still working on what we are bringing. Hope to post them in 2 weeks. This weather is hindering all I want to get dug up and potted. Already sounds like we are going to have a "GREAT SWAP"!

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Turtle heads for you columbiastock.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Hey Grannie --

I would love any variegated begonias and/or geraniums that you may have. I will probably be able to bring blue hosta divisions and/or a young rooted bay tree, but I don't know for sure yet. :-)

• groomingal
    15 years ago

Where and when does this swap take place?

I have orange daylilies and cannas that need new homes. I may also have basil, cilantro, thyme, and lavender.

I would love to trade for something in pinks, purples, blues, and white.

• palmetto_gardener
    15 years ago

I can bring variegated vinca, lily of valley, and lamb's ear. Is anyone interested? Should I bring them anyway for other newbies like me?

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

No 8' tables or any MTPS supplies!

Yippee!!!!!!

• groomingal
    15 years ago

Palmetto gardener- I saw your post about the drainage but thought I would post here. We're really close to each other- i'm in Tullahoma.
    I would love to get some of the Lilly of the Valley and maybe a couple of Lamb's ear if possible! Is there anything you are in search of?

• columbiastock
    15 years ago

Granniemable

The May "Southern Living Magazine" list your "Black Pearl" ornamental pepper as the 5th out of 8 editors' top picks that you gotta grow. That will make it a must for all !

• tn_veggie_gardner
    15 years ago

Flowers: Is the Elephant garlic actual garlic bulbs? I wanted sooooo bad to grow garlic this year, but didn't realize it required overwintering to get decent sized bulbs. If it is garlic bulbs, would you be willing to trade for some type of vegetable plant? I also have the Indian Princess Nasturtiums. Please let me know. Thanks - Steve

• palmetto_gardener
    15 years ago

I'm looking especially for shade plants and "wildflowers".
    groomingal I'll save some lily of valley and lamb's ear for you. I'd like a canna.

• groomingal
    15 years ago

palmetto gardener- I have at least 100 cannas and I might have some wildflowers.
    The po of our home had an area full of wildflowers that was overgrown, I let a neighbor help herself last year so I don't know what was there and what might come back.

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

I would love to come across some butterfly bushes, coral, bi color, or orange rose bushes, pampass grass, cannas other than red or orange, or fragrant perennials. If you have any of these what are you looking for in trade?

• burwoodbelle
    15 years ago

Grannie Iwould like some of your tomato plants. church,preacher,wahibpaste,&sugarlump.I will have what you ask for in your e mail you sent me.

PAT L.

• granniemable
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone, I have to update my list. Please give a substitute list and IÂll let you know if I still have the plant. I am going to start digging up plants and should have a list soon.
    What IÂm looking for:
    Blue Hosta
    lily's(toad,uncommon)
    Lemon grass
    Stevia
    Asian pear tree
    Bay tree
    Mushroom kit(any kind)
    Wild Flowers of the Southeast (book)
    Canning Jars (any size, no mayo jars)
    Pink Coralbells

This is What I have to trade:
    All seeds are from my yard harvested last year.
    White datura seeds
    Black pearl ornamental pepper seeds
    Marigolds mixed colored seeds
    Zinnia mixed colored seeds
    Red 4oÂclock seeds
    Bachelor buttons seeds
    Hollyhocks (red pink, black, white, double and singles) seeds
    Blanket flower seeds
    Sucrine DuBery squash seeds
    Italian white pepper seeds
    Okra seeds
    Heirloom watermelon (no name) seeds
    Long dipper seeds
    Dill seed
    Winter squash(lots of variety just ask, seeds are from trades)
    Veggie Plants
    Fireball peppers
    Tiger golf ball tomatos
    Red Zebra tomatos
    Cherokee tomatos
    Giant Italian pear tomatos
    German Johnson tomatos
    Nayagous tomatos
    TonyÂs Italian paste tomatos
    Sugar lump tomato
    KelloggÂs tomato
    Houseplants
    I will only bring houseplants and Geraniums only if I have a pre-arranged trade!
    Begonia, no name round, ruffle dark wine colored leaves with pink blooms
    Begonia , Tiger like
    Geraniums
    Traditional red bloom
    Outdoor plants
    Pink Crape Myrtle

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Italian White Pepper...that sounds interesting. =)

• dlhl
    14 years ago

Anyone need lamb's ear or monkey grass? I have waaayy more than my share! I may also have some cannas and daylilies to bring.

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

I redone my little container bog and separated my Sarrecenia Leucophylla after 4 years. I now have 15 cups of them with anywhere from 1 to 4 crowns in each cup. Anyone interested in a trade? These are not your everyday garden plant, so please be sure you know how to care for them before asking for one!

I'm looking for some passifloras and gingers if anyone would like to trade.

Rebecca

• Evan
    14 years ago

I'm planning on coming to the swap, but I'm a first-timer and I'm nervous! I feel like it's my first day at a new school. What if nobody likes me? What if nobody will trade with me? What if people make fun of my plants? What if I don't have anyone to sit with at lunch? :)

Anyway, I don't have much to trade since I'm a relative newbie to gardening. A few roses,a good sized ninebark, and a few other little things I might be able to scare up. I would love to take home hostas, daylilies, lambs ear, or coneflowers.

-Evan

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anyone have any baby pecan trees coming up that they could bring?

Evelyn

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Evan, looking forward to meeting you at the swap! I promise nobody will make fun of your plants and you are sure to make some friends. As far as eating goes, once you see the food you will not care who you are sitting with come feast time. What kind of roses do you have? What do you want for your ninebark? Ninebarks are very cool. Rhonda

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Evan you'll freak at how nice everyone will be so don't sweat it! We'll hook you up. It may be your first time but it won't be your last!

Lavonne and I will be more than happy to trade for your Ninebark. We'll have several Daylilys and Hostas.

Evelyn what about Hickory's?

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeff
    I have a lot of hickory's. I could also plant a handful of pecans, I guess.

Evelyn

• Evan
    14 years ago

I have two Abraham Darby roses I started from cuttings last year. It's an English Rose with a beautiful peachy pink flower that's stuffed with petals and very fragrant. I also have an unidentified pink English Rose. It was supposed to be Winchester Cathedral, but they sent me the wrong thing. The one pink rose in my white hedge looked funny, so I had to dig it up. It's a full-sized bush.

I'd be happy to trade the ninebark for daylilies or hostas. How does a pre-arranged trade work?

-Evan

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

Jeff,you know I am begging for daylilies..lol what can I trade for some of those?

• trilby23
    14 years ago

Last year I put in a small bed at our new property, and it's the first time I've planted anything that didn't die almost immediately. Daylilies and irises finally broke the brown-thumb curse. I'll have some heirloom tomato plants and some homemade jellies; looking for any kind of irises as long as they're hardy and like full sun.

---------------- Trilby (This will be my first swap!)

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Whatcha got Vel?

• burgessfamily
    14 years ago

We are planning on comming to the swap, first timers too!

i didnt think we would have anything but it looks like we will have orange cannas & day lillies,pickerel weed, & purple iris

see everyone there
    JT & Patricia

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just wanted to review a bit. I would like water plants like water hyacinth, lotus, water lillies. Don't worry about potting them up, just damp in a grocery bag is fine.

Pecan and pawpaw seedlings would be great.

I can bring water celery, lots of it. I may end up with another pond plant or two but don't know yet.

I have some iris to bring but will need to get pics and label them before they stop blooming.

I will bring some named daylilies also.

If you are into berries, check out http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/1982-07-01/Picking-and-Preserving-Wineberrys.aspx
    and let me know if you have a berry plant to swap for it.

See you at the swap
    Evelyn (the wagon lady)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

Evelyn --

I can bring you lotus and/or water lilies. I'd like to get more named iris. :-)

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Amazin,

That works for me. Do you need the iris potted? I might just move a group to a separate section for you until the swap. I know you will have plants I want. Do you still have hosta or are you too sunny now?

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

I brought most hostas with me, and I'm still digging up more that I left at the old place. :-) And no, don't bother to pot the iris unless you just want to!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

One of these three is reserved for a trip to the MTPS. All three with about 1 cm long bud clusters (wee cute little things with about 5-6 buds a piece it looks like).

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A few days ago I was being a good little swapper and potted up some baby's breath and Black-eyed susan seedlings. I carefully set them in the wheelbarrow and they shared the half inch of water in there.
    Then the monsoon came.
    Today I pulled them out of their foot deep swimming pool. I hope they held their breath! At least they should die before the swap if they aren't going to make it.

More items on wish list:
    serviceberry seedlings (heck, save some seeds for the fall swap, I'll try to save some from mine to trade)

a leaf from an african violet

hardy sedums and friends, again a leaf is enough

I'm just trying to brainstorm and name everything. I always get to the swap and think "I should have brought...

Anyway, getting very anxious! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the newbies!

• decohouse
    14 years ago

I'll be there - and being my first time and being a new at my gardening, I won't have much - if anything to trade....BUT I can't wait to get there. lol
    If anyone has a soft spot for a newbie with nothing, I'd like some of those lily of the valley and lamb's ears that you've been speaking of. I'd also like some berries and rhubarb. And really anything else. I have about 2/3 of an acre of naked yard. I'm going to plant veggies and flowers, and love house plants (would love a prayer plant), so I'm not picky.
    My real reason for coming is because I read all about this swap last year, and didn't want to show up with nothing. So, here I am a year later, and still nothing to bring. BUT I want to come this year, so I can find out what I can grow and plan to bring NEXT year! And I've heard the people are really really nice and if I come away with a new friend or two, that will make the trip worthwhile!
    Have a great soggy week and see you in a couple weeks.
    Carol B

• mari5us
    14 years ago

Hi Rebecca, I'd like to trade you for a couple of cups of your sarracenia leucophylla-- is this the little bog garden that you have off of your back deck by the driveway?? I can't believe it's already time to divide the plants!! I have a native wild ginger or some varigated ginger I can offer you in trade. Just let me know which you'd like-or if you'd want some of each.
    Velvet, if you still have some turtle heads chelone, I would love to have some-- I can bring you named daylily or iris if you'd like.
    I also have native columbine blooming size plants that bloom red and yellow, white iris, sedums, small redbud trees, and I have started some black pearl pepper seeds that I hope will be up by then. I will list other plants as I know what else I can bring.
    Marianne

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I wasn't even optimistic enough to ask for pitcher plants. Is there another pitcher plant available or any other bog and/or carnivorous plant available? What would I need to have to trade????

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

Marianne! How are ya girl? Yep, these are from the little bog garden. The variegated ginger will be good.

Irisaddict, irises would be good too for a trade. Hubby and I bought several last year and they are just gorgeous. Wouldn't mind having a few more :).

Rebecca

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

Hi Marianne,I would love to trade some turtleheads for a daylily.
    Velvet

• dlhl
    14 years ago

decohouse, I have PLENTY of lamb's ear I will bring to the swap. And don't worry, last year was my first swap and I did not have much to bring, but still came home with a carload! I don't have much to bring this year, but I know it'll be ok. The people are so generous and it's a great time! Hopefully next year I will be able to divide some more things and have more to share.

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

Anyone bringing hens and chickens to the swap,if so maybe we could make a trade. I have daylilys,iris and some homemade canned tom,apples,applesauce,salsa,jams and jellys.Send me an email.

Pat

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

AMAZIN.
    I would love to trade iris for a lotus and a waterlily.

PAT

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

Hiya Pat --

Do you know what varieties you've got? One of the reasons I like to trade for Evelyn's iris is that she's got the variety names. :-)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Anyone interested in Indian Princess Nasturtiums?

- Steve

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor