Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golfngardennut

tn roll call 07 or 10?

golfngardennut
14 years ago

I am confused... I posted at the end of that, but looks like I am the only recent one... what's up?

g'nut

Comments (7)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

A SPAMer (some Chinese flooring company jerk) posted to the old thread making it come to the top. The jerk has posted 180 SPAM messages to Gardenweb in the last few days. I wrote Gardenweb about it, but they only removed the one example I gave them (the thread you mentioned) and left the others. They either didn't understand, or, are overwhelmed and don't know how do police their site.

There are corresponding threads (roll calls) for other years too. You can find them, if interested, by using the search function at the bottom of any of the main forum pages. (P.S., I added a link to those threads, below.)

iVillage may have much more to deal with than the old moderator, Spike, but he would have booted that flooring SPAMer off faster than lightening. He also didn't allow a lot of the other things, like requests for swaps on the discussion page. Sometimes, I miss the old days....

Here is a link that might be useful: Other Roll Call Threads

• golfngardennut
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I guess we get what we pay for, eh? lol

Thanks.

g'nut

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Welcome, Tennessee members have been here for more years than "I". And I have been a member for only 3 years. Just been since the fall of last year and on going that I have seen a problem. The GF is working on corrections.

• rootygirl
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I just joined the forum. I am always looking for Tennesseans with advice.
    Rooty

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Rootygirl,

Welcome to Gardenweb and the Tennessee Gardening Forum. You might want to start a new thread and introduce yourself. If you want advice, start a new thread and ask some questions. I'd bet you can get just about any gardening related question answered.

• rootygirl
    14 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, brandon! I started a new thread in the clematis forum, but only received one response. I am reading lots of info about clematis because I am trying to choose one for a mostly shady site.
    I decided to head over to the regional gardeners to find like-minded people.
    Here is my latest: I ordered a Full Sail hybrid tea rose from S&W greenhouse in White House, TN. It is a beautiful bush with big, healthy roots. It was carefully packaged, too. Now I'll have to see if I can raise it properly. Tennesseans seem to have lots of fungus amongus.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Rooty,

I don't know why everything is so dead around here lately. It's always a little slower in winter, but seems especially gloomy this year. Maybe the Clematis Forum is suffering similarly. I'm hoping things will pick up A LOT soon.

Last year, we had record turnouts at the East Tennessee Plant Swaps. This year, it seems like no one even cares if we have the swap. I just don't really know what's going on.

Sponsored
Samantha Friedman Interior Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Washington DC Metro Interior Designer Best of Houzz Service & Design