Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS Website

bigorangevol
15 years ago

Guys I just wanted to let you know that we had 46 first-time visitors to the site last week and 89 for the first three weeks of this month - and we're still 2 months, 22 days and 16 hours away! SWEET!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (no more James Brown cracks) make sure that you R E G I S T E R at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/registration/registration.html if you plan on attending. I end up begging and pleading about this every swap and inevitably less that half of you actually give a rip and do it; so if you don't want to listen to me complain about it for the next 82 days then take the 2 minutes to register!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you plan on spending Friday or Saturday night (or both) then you ought to go ahead and get your reservations at HHSP NOW! They have a campground with 72 sites, 5 rustic cabins and 2 deluxe cabins as well as 65 rooms with 4 suites at the hotel so your options are nice. The cabins fill up quickly though!

Comments (25)

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

I'm registered! Thanks!

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

James Who?

Dude, aren't I on auto register or something?

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I knew it was coming as soon as I hit Submit but I was hoping you had misplaced it. I should use that as my Profile pic on Facebook.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Is that a campaign button? :) I FEEL GOOD!

• maternut
    15 years ago

Sure like the hair dude. Wish I had some.

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Can someone swing a chia pet for Norm?

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did have hair that thick 30 years ago!

Can somebody west of Jackson P L E A S E drop by and pick up Norm and Barb so they don't have to drive. I don't think I can take another MTPS without them there!!! There's no way that Jan can make it so we really need Norm and Barb there for my sanity's sake. Hopefully Mona and David are going to come this time.

BTW, with the size of that noggin, Norm needs a Chia nursery.

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Norm and Barb are more than welcome to spend the night at my place in Lewisburg. I sure have missed them!

• mari5us
    15 years ago

Joe,
    I love that pic-- glad you saved it !! I'm with you guys. I sure miss Norm and Barb as well as Mona and David and Jan and Jim, sighhh.
    Marianne

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, we had 58 first-timers visit the website last week.

That makes 177 first-time visitors in the last month alone!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mrs. Holder is updating the website and adding more pictures as she has the time.

So keep checking in for more great pics taken by Joe "tngreenthumb" Weaver of some of our prior MTPS's at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/
    You're liable to see some surprises and rekindle some very fond past memories. I love looking at those because they always make me smile!

I should have something to announce on our Special Guest Lecturer as well but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon. :-)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

83 first-timers and 13 returning visitors last week alone!!!

Wow, that's 260 first-timers in the last five weeks.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bec got the Picture Page updated so ya'll go check yourselves out!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW! I just got the Weekly Stat Report email from StatCounter and we've had 264 first-time visitors to the MTPS website in the last 27 days.

In February we averaged 34.25 first-time visitors per week but for March we upped that to 66 first-time visitors per week.

So far in 2009 we've had 482 first-time visitors to the website in 13 weeks for an average of 37 per week!!!

We've had 87 Returning Visitors this year which means 569 total visitors in the last 13 weeks for an average of 44 per week and almost 190 per month.

Thank you to everyone for keeping the interest level in the MTPS sky high! Doubtless these numbers and averages will increase the closer we get to the swap date on May 16th. Obviously we're all doing something right if 190 individuals per month are checking us out. If only one quarter of those people come to the MTPS then we'll be looking at 140+.

Congratulations to all of you for making the MTPS the premier plant swap event in the country!!!

• thedaylilykid
    15 years ago

So how many visitors per hour then?

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Mr. Fakes, that would be in the neighborhood of .26 per hour which is a considerably higher percentage than your "No-show Holman" MTPS attendance!

Have you bought Bonnie a ring yet? We still haven't received our invitation either; no invitation = no gift! :-)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, the latest StatCounter is in and we had 344 first-timers hit the site in the last 34 days and 72 returning visitors for a total of 416.

Hey, I know it's not one of those million hit deals on YouTube with some moron doing something insane but for a plant swap website I think that's pretty dang impressive!

By the way Lucas that's .51 per hour!

48% of our MTPS registrants so far are first-timers. Boy are you guys in for a sweet surprise! I remember our first MTPS; Lavonne and I were absolutely blown away.

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Even though the first plant swap is special, I still get pretty geeked about it. Everybody is so happy and I always come home with something cool and unexpected.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    15 years ago

Whew...9 AM...that'll be earlier than I usually get to work, but for what sounds like it's going to be a fun day, I think I can suck down some caffeine and try to make it there on time. ;) I only have 5 of them, but i'm thinking about bringing one of what i've dubbed my "Monster Cherry Tomatoes." They are huge for their 4 week old birthday (from seed). I'll definitely have some pepper plants & probably a few other.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

175 visitors in the last two weeks!
    140 first-timers and 35 returning visitors

We also now are at 53% of our registrants for the MTPS who are first-timers.

Thanks to everyone who has registered online at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/.
    I understand if you aren't certain that you'll be able to make it but if your are planning on being at the MTPS... PLEASE REGISTER!!!
    Ya'll keep spreading the word!

BTW, props to the SEAL Team 8 snipers and the Navy's 5th Fleet that rescued Capt. Phillips. What a great Easter present for his family!!!

HooYah Teams

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

336 first-timers have visited the site in the last month!

55% of our registrants so far have never attended the MTPS. That means that those of us making up the other 45% need to make sure we go out of our way to help the newbies and welcome them to our family.

Only 26 days folks! Get 'em potted-up; don't procrastinate!!!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Another 79 first-timers visited last week!!!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

60 First-timers last week.

That's 312 First-timers in the last month (62.4 per week), 656 in the last two months (65.6 per week) and 887 this year so far. That doesn't include the 175 Returning visitors for a grand total of 1,062 folks that have visited The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap website this year so far.

I was amazed when I saw that we've had over 2,500 total visitors to the site in the last 12 months.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

At this rate, the 2015 MTPS will be in downtown Nashville at the stadium. :)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Now there's an idea!!! Steve I like your way of thinking dude.

Sponsored