Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: TN Natives

Posted by sandie329 7 TN (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 18:42

I'm starting to plan my new butterfly and hummingbird garden. I'm hoping someone can direct me to some places where I can hopefully swap plants for some TN natives like Beautyberry bushes, Dutchman's Pipe vine, etc. Will the TN plant swap have these sorts of plants? I've never attended. Also a name of a reputable local plant nursery in the Nashville area would be helpful.

I don't have a lot of outdoor plants to swap, but have lots of seeds and some house plants. The previous owners of my house weren't much into gardening.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: TN Natives

You may want to try the Growild nursery in Fairview. They have a very good reputation and would be perfect for finding TN natives.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growild

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 8:30

If you happen to be traveling though the Knoxville area, I can give you the name of a couple of good nurseries around here that could help.

Also, the swaps should be great places to find natives. We could have loaded you up last year at the ETPS, and we can do it again this coming May if you can make it.

Here is a link that might be useful: ETPS Website

o

Yep, you ought to go to Growwild. Are they appointment only? Seems like someone I know was just talking about them and said they were.

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 13, 09 at 14:26

See link for GroWild

Here is a link that might be useful: GroWild

o

Yes, you need to come to Henry Horton State Park on the third Saturday in May. That's where and when the Middle Tn Plant Swap will be, and there's be all sorts of goodies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here