Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

East Tennessee / Knoxville Spring Plant Swap

brandon7 TN_zone7
16 years ago

The 2008 East Tennessee / Knoxville Spring Plant Swap will be at Admiral Farragut Park on Saturday, May 3. Set up will start at 9:00 and swapping will begin at 10:00. A potluck lunch will be held around 12:00.

Everyone is welcome and there will be tons of trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, seeds, bulbs, cuttings, and garden crafts. Even beginners without plants to trade are very much welcome! There's always an abundance of wonderful things for everyone.

Please see the website for more details or directions to the swap location. The Swap Forum (on the website) for this year should be set up soon to arrange pre-swap trades. If anyone has ANY question, please feel free to ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: East Tennessee / Knoxville Plant Swap Website

Comments (16)

• krikit
    16 years ago

Thanks Brandon. The fall swap was FABULOUS!! I would strongly encourage anyone who can attend to be there. You'll have a great time. It's a fun mix of wonderful plants and friendly folks!

Frances

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

If anyone has non-Gardenweb gardening friends that might like to come to the swap let them know about it. I can't remember who also goes on Dave's Garden, but we need to get the word to them about the swap.

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

I promise that Lavonne and I are going to make it up there one of these days.

Last spring I was in Lenior City the weekend of the ETPS but it was raining that Saturday and we were hitting Largemouth on Loudon/Tellico and I couldn't get my buddies off the lake long enough to have any interest in a plant swap. But I tried and they just looked at me like I was a 'tard! I even tried explaining how cool it was, how many nice people would be there, good food and some flowers to take home to their wives... no deal. If it wasn't a crankbait or a plastic they wanted nothing to do with it.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Why not come this time? We'll even feed you.

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

It's a possibility for sure! One of our friendÂs lives at Point Harbor (Lenoir City) on Loudon and four of us guys normally do two weekends a year (spring & summer) of serious competitive fishing. Not that the fish catching is serious, just the competition. Four guys fishing is a tournament and two boats on the water is a race! IÂm in Nashville, Tim is in Lewisburg and Glenn is in Dawsonville, GA so for all four of us to find a weekend where we can all get off work and put off honey-doÂs is fairly difficult. It's our opportunity to act as juvenile as possible without the wives ... and we do. If we can schedule the fishing for that weekend of the ETPS then I will make a point of coming off the lake to at least stop by for a few minutes.

• madmouser
    16 years ago

Admiral Farragut Park, where we hold the swap, is right on the Tennessee River/Lake Loudon (East of Concord Cove). Have your buddies drop you off and wade ashore. Wave and we'll send a truck down for you or you can walk up.

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

Now that sounds like an idea!

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

But how are you going to wag several 8 ft bananas or three or four 55 gallon drum liners full of daylillies ashore, Jeff???

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

Didn't think of that.

• madmouser
    16 years ago

Inflatable raft. Haul it behind the boat. Jump in, paddle ashore.

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

Maybe just some chocolate chip cookies from Kroger! :-)

• madmouser
    16 years ago

I've got this great mental picture of a raft of filled with banana trees and other shrubbery being hauled behind a bass boat.

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

Redneck Landscaping! I can market that!!!

• sdrawkcab
    16 years ago

I'm hoping to attend this event because I really enjoyed the last swap I made it to a few years ago.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I have a cycling event that day, but maybe it will be in the evening and I'll be able to do both. I sent a link to the swap webpage to a couple co-workers of mine who are beginner gardeners.

• zinniasareok
    15 years ago

I plan on coming to the Plant Swap. I've only been in Tennessee a year, so I don't have much other than seeds to swap.

Also, the Knox plant swap web site registration appears to be malfunctioning. I just tried to register so I could post a list of what I can bring, and the site wouldn't let me -- after I checked the box attesting I was over 13 it went to a page telling me "that user name was already taken." I had not even entered a user name.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Zinniasareok,

Just bring what you have. Garden related stuff like (unused tools, birdhouses, garden crafts, etc.) are also welcome. There are always PLENTY of plants.

Madmouser takes care of the website. Maybe she will see this and contact you. If you don't hear anything within a few days, email me and I will try to get you connected.

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling