Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug37091

Nuclear Training

ladybug37091
15 years ago

Hi All, I got great news about my son Derrek. Some of you may remember him from past swaps. He was the good looking, tall kid inhaling all the food. Derrek enlisted in the Navy recently and scored high enough to qualify for the Nuclear Power Program. This is one of the most mentally demanding education programs in the nation. I realize this is not garden related but he did grow like a weed. Thanks for reading. I am a proud mom!

Comments (5)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    15 years ago

Don't give up on him yet! It sounds like there's still a chance he could be a part time gardener after work.

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Tell him a big HooYah from us! Our nephew is a SEAL so I know how your chest must swell with pride. He's in the World's finest Navy so brag all you want!!!

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Is he in Charleston at the Goose Creek Naval Weapons facility?

If he's a math and physics geek then he's gonna love this!

Hope he isn't claustrophobic and likes being on Trident, LA or Ohio Boomers!

• ladybug37091
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jeff! Derrek will be in Charleston for two years after his basic training. I am blown away by the intense curriculum. He is a smart kid and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. I am thrilled! Unless something comes up I will be able to bring him to the swap as he does not leave until September. Thanks for acknowledging him. I am over the moon as he is my only son. See you soon, Rhonda

• maternut
    15 years ago

He probably grew like a weed, after seeing, Jeff and me. We are enough to make anyone, want to grow up to be tall and slim. I know you are proud, and we wish him well.
    Norm

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor