Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Fling garden show and sale

Posted by daisy522 z7 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 8, 11 at 0:43

Please join us for the
Memphis Area Master Gardeners 7th annual Spring Fling Garden show and Sale.
April 1 and 2 from 9 to 4.
Speakers
Felder Rushing, Carol Reese, Jason Reeves, Beth Babbit, Jim Berry (Bluebird Society) and Josephine Williams (Community Gardens)
45 + vendors
MG demonstrations
Youth crafts on Saturday
Jr daffodil show
Much, Much More!
Full info on our website:
http://www.memphisareamastergardeners.org
Please join us!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Fling garden show and sale

Yes, Daisy, I'm excited to say I just heard about the spring fling from Linda T at a district garden club luncheon. I can't wait.

I heard there was also going to be a plant swap soon in Memphis. Do you know anything about that? Our garden club is doing our first in Millington on June 11 at the farmers' market.

Margie

o

The plant swap you may be referring to is the one several of us call the West TN garden plant swap. It is April 16th at the Good Shepherd Methodist church on Summer just past Sycamore View from 9 to 1. We've been doing a spring and fall swap for several years now. It's very informal.

o

Here's an update for the 2014 Spring Fling! Please join us!
Nationally known garden, floral and life-style expert James Farmer will be the headline speaker at the 2014 Memphis Area Master Gardeners Spring Fling Garden Show and Plant Sale. Farmer has been a popular and engaging speaker with gardening groups across the country, and has appeared on the Today Show and in numerous magazines such as Southern Living and Harper’s Bazaar. He is a nationally acclaimed author of five gardening, cooking and interior design books.
Now in its tenth year, the theme of this year’s Spring Fling is “Get Out and Grow!” The two-day event offers seminars from national, regional and local experts and enthusiasts; hands-on instruction; farm-to-table cooking demonstrations; and fun children’s activities. In addition, more than 50 vendors from six states provide unique plants, accessories and garden-related items in a rare “one stop shop” gardening marketplace. Attendees are also encouraged to bring their gardening dilemmas to the free “Ask A Master Gardener” Clinic for recommended solutions. Spring Fling will take place on March 21st and 22nd from 9am to 5pm at the Big Red Barn at AgriCenter International, 7777 Walnut Grove Road in Memphis. All events are free and open to the public.

The Schedule of Events is available at: http://memphisareamastergardeners.org/sfling/mamg_sf2014_program.pdf

Here is a link that might be useful: Memphis Area Master Gardeners

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here