Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
that was a fun snowstorm.

Posted by sandsquid 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 10:02

Taken last evening at Shelby Farms, looks more like something you'd expect to see in Montana, not Memphis, TN.

Our poor Tulips

All told 5-1/2 inches accumulation

I think I'll go rent out my snow shovels. Even though it is amusing to watch people try and clear the snow off their sidewalks and driveways with kitchen brooms ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: that was a fun snowstorm.

I love it! Never have enough snow for my tastes. Here are a few from last night and this morning.

And one very happy dog!

(Click for larger versions.)

o

It was pretty coming down. I hope it killed off a ton of nasty bugs. We needed it!
Those are some great pics!

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 8, 08 at 18:15

Tngreenthumb, your third picture looks like something off of a postcard.

o

brandon7: As Credence Clearwater Revival would sing..."Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door".

Made yummy snow cream too!

o

My Mother always used a broom to brush off the steps and sidewalk and she grew up in Indiana. I think that was before snow shovels were invented :).

Joe you suck.

We got a dusting in Knoxville and then it melted by noon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here