Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to plant in Atoka

Posted by corrigan 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 08 at 11:44

I just moved up here from Corpus Christi, so I have no idea when to plan on starting my vegetable garden. I don't even know when the soil might be dry enough to start digging the place for beds. I'm lost! I can find information on the last average frost for Memphis, but on two different occasions I've driven from here to Memphis and there was a 10 degree difference, so I'm not sure I should use the last frost there as a good indicator of when we might get the last frost here and when it will be warm enough to put out warm weather plants. I'd love any advice from people up in this area!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to plant in Atoka

I can help you on this one. Hello neighbor!

I have already been seeding some of my veggies. Our last frost date is the end of the month(March). If you want any flowers,(daffadills) let me know.I have a wonderful spot to get all you could use.

I hope you come to the Memphis Swap also!

o

I would love some flowers! This house was a bank foreclosure that was neglected for years by owners who didn't care, so the yard and flower beds are in absolutely horrible condition. (You should hear the stories the neighbors tell about how much worse it looked before the bank cleaned it up, lol.)

I was already reading the information on the swap and I hope I can make it as well. My husband still has to lay new flooring in the living and dining rooms and my daughter and I will go visit family for that, so we won't be in the way. If that doesn't coincide with the swap, I will try to bring some extra seedlings. :)

Thanks so much for replying!

o

E-mail me @

dawn40@bigriver.net and we will set something up.

o

• Posted by ccb724 7 / Memphis (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 11, 08 at 19:00

Hey Y'all. I am in Memphis, so I am really close to you. When/where is the plant swap going to be at? What do I do if I have nothing to swap?Can I purchase them? Thanks so much.
Carrie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here