Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rootygirl

mtps-where and when

rootygirl
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I have been looking for a time and location of the MTPS. I have a few things that may be interesting for some of you. I have a small garden, so I don't have a ton of plants.

Let's see..I have:

Coronation Gold Yarrow

Espresso cranesbill

Amesthina toad lily

Threadleaf coreopsis

I have some other things, but do not know the cultivars, such as hand-me-down purple aster.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Rooty

Comments (11)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Rooty, Everything you want to know about the MTPS is on their website, linked below. There are even directions and maps to the location. You can also register on the site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Middle Tennessee Plant Swap

• rootygirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, I did not know there was a website.
    rooty

• irisaddict
    14 years ago

Rooty,

I am already coveting your cranesbill and your toad lily (even though I couldn't find it on google). Could I entice you with Lenten Rose or daffodils or Spider lily (Lycoris radiata)?

Irisaddict

• rootygirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

irisaddict,
    I really like the lycoris lily, but there is a problem. It seems like they appear every few years. They completely skip some years. Have you ever seen this problem?

About the Amesthina toad lily: I ordered it from Wayside gardens about 5 (?) years ago. It is possible I am spelling the name incorrectly.
    I'll see what else I have when the menagerie reappears in the ground. I hope that is soon--I'm getting antsy!
    rooty

• wallionmick
    14 years ago

What could be best plant in my area I love to check this out..! Still I find some kinda toad lily plants around..!!

Mick..!!

Here is a link that might be useful: cheap lanyard necklace

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

Rooty,

Have your spider lilies been in the ground for a long time? Could be they need digging and dividing.

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Come on down, Rootygirl. We would love to have you and you are sure to have a good time!

• rootygirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I will be there--I've registered. I'm really looking forward to this.
    Yes, the spider lilies have been in the ground a long time, so if they need to be divided, I hope they come up every year. Maybe that is the problem.
    I also have salad burnet to trade--it's easy to grow!

Here is the properly spelled name of my toad lilies: amythestina.
    Rooty

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

rootygirl: Any chance you have some toad lilies left? :):):) I'd love to trade for some. Please LMK.

Thanks - Steve

• rootygirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Steve,
    I have not pre-traded anything yet because I am not sure how it all works. I know one thing: I really need thalictrum. I have checked some good garden centers and no one has it. (At least not yet.)I could mail order it, but I thought maybe I would find it at the plant swap?
    Do people arrive at the plant swap with a lot of their plants pre-traded?
    Rooty

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

rooty: Not really. If you are a first timer, don't worry about bringing a ton, but save room for the ton you will be taking home! =) Most people pre-trade for just a handful of plants & have quite a bit more just ready to give out. Some people will save a plant for someone, then just pick something from their table (kinda like a first pick) at the swap. That's kind of like a halfway pre-arranged trade...lol. You'll see a flurry of activity like this here soon. In fact, this forum has been a good bit slower, for MTPS stuff, than it normally is. Please check out my trade list on here & LMK if you see anything you like. If not, I have several various veggie & flower seedlings i'll also be bringing that you could pick from. It's up to you though. =) We don't want you to feel pressured to pre-arrange trades! lol.

- Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve's Garden

Sponsored