Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

*** Spring 2010 East Tennessee Plant Swap ***

brandon7 TN_zone7
14 years ago

The Spring 2010 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at Tyson Park in Knoxville. Note that this is a different location as last year. Tyson Park is located off of Cumberland Avenue between Concord Street and Alcoa Highway. Setup will start at 12:30pm and swapping will begin at 1:00pm.

Please bring easy-to-carry fingerfoods for snacking (if you have or can make something). We won't have plates or utensils, so keep that in mind. Also, please bring your own drinks.

We'll be meeting at or near Shelter #1 (the one close to Alcoa Hwy). You may want to bring a chair and table. If it rains, this large shelter should have enough tables to handle our plants. If the weather is nice, we'll probably setup behind our vehicles for convenience.

The swap website (www.easttnplantswap.com) and our own Swap Forum (where you can see some of what others are bringing and arrange pre-swap trades) should be up and going soon. If you have any questions, please email me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tyson Park

Comments (5)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Laura has the Swap Forum up and ready for everyone to start posting their lists and arranging pre-trades!

Note that the map on the main site is not updated yet, so don't go by that. I'm sure she'll change it soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: ETPS Swap Forum

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We're getting a few more people to enter their haves/wants list on the ETPS Swap Forum, but many have still not done so. If you are coming to the swap and plan to do any pretrades, why not go ahead and start your list? You can always edit it later as you add things.

We really need some new people this year. We are going to have lots and lots and lots of plants that NEED A HOME!!! If you can give these cute little plants the home they need, please consider coming to the swap! Even if you don't have a lot to bring, you are still very welcome to come! Many of us have many more plants that we'll bring than we hope to come home with, and we need beginner gardeners to adopt our excess plants!

BTW, the map/directions are up and correct on the main ETPS webpage.

Here is a link that might be useful: EastTnPlantSwap.com

• karenrf
    14 years ago

Hi Brandon!
    Can't wait for the ET plant swap. I've already got my list together and am getting plants rounded up.
    I really have a good time.
    See ya soon.

• krikit
    14 years ago

I am so looking forward to the swap - there are already some very interesting plants up for grabs, and then there are always folks that show up without posting to the pre-trades forum so there'll be lots of surprises too. I think it's going to be a great swap!!! You might have something to bring that you haven't even thought of. I'm looking for some creeping phlox - pretty common, but I don't have any of the light blue/lavender and would love to trade for some!!!

Frances

• karenrf
    14 years ago

Each year I always have baby holly trees (and other plants)come up where I don't need them to be. I can't leave them where they are and don't want to just pull them up and toss 'em out. I just hate to kill plants, so things that voluntarily come up that I can't use I pot them up and bring to the swap. There is usually someone that will give them a good home.

Sponsored