Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh no! Not my Nandina!

Posted by i_luv_plants 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 19, 10 at 16:41

I am hoping to get some help, (and maybe a bit of moral support lol) about my Nandina. I have 5 of them and they were so huge and beautiful, they provided me with some privacy and the berries were stunning. However, today, my landscaper went a bit scissor happy. All that's left of them are a few bare branches about 3 ft high. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to grow branches with leaves on them and fill out? Any advice on how to speed up the process? He said I'll thank him for it in a few months but it's hard for me to imagine with the way they look right now! Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh no! Not my Nandina!

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 20:42

For best results, I wouldn't expect all the trunks to be cut to the same 3' high. But, whatever the visual results are of his pruning, the plant will resprout and should have plenty of foliage shortly. Your plant is not ruined, and you can always reprune a little to clean up the look if needed.

o
RE: Oh no! Not my Nandina!

Ok thank you so much, I feel a lot better now! All of the trunks are the same height so maybe I will try to shape it a bit better, thank you for mentioning that to me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here