Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leighmac_gw

WTPS Roll Call/headcount

leighmac
16 years ago

Hello all! I was wondering if we could get an idea of who is definitely planning to come. Since we are not too far off from the time, you know. This would help me in particular to determine what quantity of food to prepare and how many plants to bring. I surely do not want to come home with any of my own nor do I want to "guilt" anyone into taking the millions of daisies and "black-eyed susan" starts I have. I am also curious as to where we all will come from. Any Arkansans? Desoto-Countians? Fayette folks? Just excited at the possibilities! Thank you,

Leighmac

Midtown Memphis

Comments (23)

• mstagjd120
    16 years ago

I'll be there - I can't wait.

Plants I have to share:
    *little tomato plants (lots)
    *some pepper plants (bell & jalapeno)
    *nicotiana
    *coleus
    *big garden mums (yellow daisy-like bloom)

I will bring a dish or two for the potluck. I am also happy to contribute paper products or plastic forks, etc, if these are still needed so that burden is not just on a few people. I think some have already volunteered to bring name tags and trash bags. Let us know what else we need.

Thanks!

Jennifer
    East Memphis

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

Tipton county here.

I will be there with bells!
    Will be bringing tons of goodies with me:
    Ferns (outside)
    hosta (outside)
    Peace lillies (inside)
    chinese evergreens (inside)
    peppermint (outside)
    weeping willows (tree)
    red cannas
    purple irises (rizomes)
    money plants (if they come up, if not seeds)
    birdhouse gourds (seeds)
    daffadills (bulbs)
    pussy willows (tree)
    jade- (house plant)
    water hycantha
    will have to see what other water plants pop back in spring.
    spider wort

I know there are more........................
    Oh and some cute wood bird house towel hangers I made.

I am the one with the name tags, and plates. I am bringing some weinie bites and do not know what other food.lol!

Someone said they were bringing the trash bags.

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

I said I was bringing the trash bags. I think I will make a pasta salad, put it just depends on what I am in the mood for that day. I am sorry I won't be able to stay to help with the grounds I have to go to work later that night so I will need to go take a nap. I don't know what all plants I will be bringing, I don't have a lot of any one thing just a little of this and that. I do know that I will be bringing:

Brugmansia
    Miss Huff Lantana
    Purple Plectranthus

Mary

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

I guess I need to be there since I have the keys and alarm code to the church. Probably have my wife and two "kids" in tow as well.

I'll be covering the Iced Tea, Lemonade, Water and manning the Popcorn Machine.

Will also be bringing some home-mande "adult beverages" of the vino persuasion: Fig, Cranberry, Blueberry, Blackberry Merlot, Raspberry/White-Zinfandel, "Calypso Bianco"... and perhaps elderberry, if it's finished in time.

Fig cuttings; Chicago Hardy, Lattarula (Italian Honey) Peter's Honey, Desert King, Quantico, Jacks Quarter Pounder, and a mix of unidentified but delicious varieties I took cuttings of up in Covington this past January.

Grapevines: Foch, Cayuga, Chancellor, Reliance.

Elderberry: Johns, Nova, Adams, York

Lots of other seedlings started

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Specifically for installation into the church grounds:
    (Placed the order this past Friday afternoon)

1 European Hazelnut Tree
    1 Austin Dewberry
    1 Heritage Raspberry
    1 Southern Bababerry Raspberry
    1 Nectar Boysenberry
    1 Grenada Pomegranate Tree
    1 Black Old Fashioned Muscadine Vine
    1 Black Spanish Southern Wine Grape Vine

And anything else I have left-over at the end of the day.

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

I have heard from two others in e-mail that are coming. I am planning on 50+ on my end. We maybe suprised at how many do show up. I figure I will keep some extra plants-seeds in the car just incase.

• seegekatz
    16 years ago

I'm a Tipton County Newbie to this forum - I plan to come to the plant swap but alas I don't have plants! I just moved (in the fall) into a house with lots of places for gardens, and not even a single flowerbed on the place! atokadawn is helping the cause with her driveway of mulch lol. I will bring a dish or two and a bunch of walmart bags - the only plants I have are wild onions I'm afraid!

• carolyn_w
    16 years ago

I'm 90% sure I can show up! Sorry but I don't have anything to bring for swapping. But I'll be bringing something yummy and full of calories. I look forward to meeting you all!

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

I'm so happy and excited for you guys! Best of luck and if I can do anything to help just let me know.

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

Anything you can do?????? You could bring your smiling self to join us big orange!

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

I'd love to but I've kinda got my hands full right now with the MTPS and my business taxes. I'll be there with you guys in spirit though.

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

Add 3 more that have e-mailed me. For some reason, the site will noy let them post.

• sjackwheat
    16 years ago

Covington here!!!!! I'll be there also, that is if the creek dont rise so much that we are all floating. LOL!!! Still digging and potting but so far the list is:

Hostas,Star of Bethlehem,White Lady heirloom Daff bulbs,Mixed Yellow Iris rhizomes,White Iris Rhizomes,asst. Mums,Crinum Lillies,Dusty Miller,Prickly Pad Cactus',Red Amaryllis,Opuntia Cactus,Yellow Cannas,Ipheon Bulbs,Mother-in-laws tongues, plus, plus, plus........Will list more as I can get to them. Jackie

• leighmac
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hurrah! I can't wait to meet all of you! Sandsquid, I 'll happily dig in the trenches for a taste of your blueberry wine. A friend of mine works for Wild oats/Whole foods and had to go to Florida. She brought back a lovely blueberry wine that alas, can't be found near abouts. I will be making a 13x9 casserole, not really sure of what. Also a fruit salad.
    Plants I will be bringing:

Rudbeckia
    sedum
    purple iris rhizomes
    wild columbine
    couple of fans of Autumn Red daylily
    same for an unnamed yellow daylily. This one is fragrant!

For those of you who don't have plants...good for me! You can have all of mine!

• mstagjd120
    16 years ago

All-righty! I'll bring some plastic forks/spoons/knives too.

-Jennifer

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

>> I 'll happily dig in the trenches for a taste of your blueberry wine.

Just a taste?-) I was hoping to get rid of a few _bottles_!

This year, I made 6 Gallons of Blueberry, 7 Gallons of Cranberry, and 3 Gallons of a 60%-Blueberry / 30%-Cranberry blend, 5 Gallons of Elderberry, 3 Gallons of Key Lime, well the list goes on and on..... but I am running out of empty bottles.

If anybody has any empty wine bottles, I offer a 6:1 exchange.

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

hey Sandsquid I have 10 empty bottles in my garage. You are talking about used bottles aren't you?

Mary

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

Hey this is AtokaTeddy, and I will be coming with AtokaDawn. Looking foward to meeting every one. Would anyone have a Tulip Poplar tree. I would really like to have one.

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Yes, empty wine bottles of any type,
    and "import" type beer bottles (not twist-tops)

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Yes, empty wine bottles of any type,
    and "import" type beer bottles (not twist-tops)

• maemae0312
    16 years ago

ok I will bring them to the swap for ya.

Mary

• atokadawn
    16 years ago

John, you checked with the VFW to see if they would hold the bottles for ya? They did for me as long as I did a pick up once a week.

• sjackwheat
    16 years ago

Hey Atokadawn, Save me one of those Pussy Willow trees......Jackie

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County