Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madmouser

Knoxville Plant Swap

madmouser
17 years ago

May 5 at Admiral Farragut Park. Lots of info on the website

http://www.knoxplantswap.com/

Just saw the Middle Tennessee swap and Garden Web getting publicity on Public TV (Gardening in Tennessee) and want to make sure any newcomers can find out about the Knoxville Swap. We've sort of wandered down to the bottom of the list.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knoxville Plant Swap website

Comments (10)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    17 years ago

I hope everyone is just too busy growing things for the swap to post on here. I think we'll have a big turn out. The swap grows every year. There hasn't been a lot of publicity, but I think there's a lot of people that are making plans to be there. Hopefully I will have even more plants this year than in previous years. And, hopefully, I can find good homes for all of them!

Don't forget about the Knoxville Plant Swap Forum where you can post the things you're bringing as well as what you are looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knoxville Plant Swap Forum

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the May 5 Swap. And hopefully now that it's less than 6 weeks away, posts on the swap forum will start to pick up.

Come on everyone...... let us know who is coming!!!

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year. Coty has a boy scout camporee that weekend :(.

Rebecca

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

Rebecca, I hate that you can't come. I have a whole bunch of sun coleus. I assume that I need to save some for Coty??
    If he would like some, just let me know.

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Nat, that would be great! We were at Stanley's on Sunday just for a look-see and he was asking me to buy some coleus, but I told him it was too early to plant just yet.

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

Be sure to come see what I have before you buy - I have a pretty good selection. And many of mine are large enough that they could be pinched back to start more! You're right it's too early to plant, but with this weather -it sure is tempting.

• MEL_TN
    17 years ago

Rebecca, you simply must come! Bring those boy scouts with you!!! I miss you and the kids!!!! Next time you make a trip to Stanleys CALL ME!!!
    Nat, can I tag along with Coty for the sun coleus? I kept a couple pots from last year and can share with you, but, I simply ran our of room for all I wanted to save.
    I hope to make the swap. This has been a crazy year for me and I could use a big dose of my favorite plant buddies! If Rebecca can't bring all the boy scouts to the swap, lets get together for a garden party!
    Mel

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

Sounds good to me, Mel. I'll be sure to save you coleus. I started another tray yesterday - - just to be sure that I have lots!

I ran off to Stanleys for a little while this afternoon. I did good, only bought 2 plants that weren't on my "list".

I hear you on missing gardening buddies. Sometimes, you just need to be with someone that understands the urge to get outside and DIG! I'm always ready for a garden pary!!

Yesterday, I started potting up somethings for the swap. And I've been working on plant labels at night while watching TV. I sure am looking forward to seeing everyone again (and new friends also!).

• cannahavana
    17 years ago

Mel! How the heck are you! Yes, a garden party is in order very soon. We need to go to that Hibiscus nursery again. I lost every single one of my hibiscus over winter. They all just croaked on me.

Nat, the Adenium seedling you gave me last year is huge! It is about a foot tall and has been blooming it's head off. Lots of branches too. I have another Adenium seedling and it is about 3 inches tall and has never bloomed. I have had it for 3 years.

Rebecca

• TnShadyLady
    17 years ago

Rebecca, I am about to give up on overwintering most of my tropical hibiscus. They take up an awful lot of space that I could be using for other things and then I still lose a good number of them. I have both the peach and the red El Capitolio Hibs. and they are the exception as they overwinter in the garage with hardly any leaf drop. These are easy to root also and I have several that I am going to bring to the swap. I'll save you one of each color. But I want to go to the hibiscus nursery that you and Mel went to!

That's great on the adenium! You'll have to try a plumeria seedling now.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm