Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

** East Tennessee Plant Events Calander **

brandon7 TN_zone7
16 years ago

Here is the latest info I have on what's happening in the East Tennessee Area. Laura will have this posted on the East Tennessee Swap website soon. Please email me if you see any mistakes or have any updates!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 5, 9am-2pm - Racheff House and Gardens - Spring Plant Sale - Erin's Meadow, Sunlight Gardens, Beaver Creek Nursery, Jansch Nursery, Native Gardens, Overhill Nursery, Nancy & Hal Robinson, and Trilium Trails - herbs, annuals, perennials, native plants, wildflowers, azaleas, camellias, gardening books, birdhouses, hypertufa planters, lunch, and answers to gardening questions by master gardeners

Saturday, April 12, 9am-2pm - Lakeshore Park - Talahi Plant Sale - Usually held around the middle of April, but no news so far for this year.

Tuesday, April 15, noon & 6pm - UT Gardens - Lunchtime (noon) and Twilight (6pm) Walks through the garden.

Saturday, April 19, 9am-3pm -- UT Arboretum Spring Plant Sale -- Local nurseries and Arboretum Society provided plant of all kinds will be available. Get some unusual and high quality plants at a great price and help the Arboretum at the same time!

Saturday, April 19, 10am-3pm - Ijams Nature Center - Spring Native Plant Sale.

***Saturday, May 3, 10am - Admiral Farragut Park - THE PLANT EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!! - The East Tennessee / Knoxville Spring Plant Swap - tons of free plants, seeds, bulbs, cuttings, and gardening related stuff. Set-up begins at 9am. We'll have a potluck lunch when everyone gets hungry. Come and meet other plant people from this part of the state and all over the world (sorry airfare not included)!

Saturday, May 3, 7pm - Ellington Plant Sciences Building room 125 on the UT Ag Campus - East Tennessee Hosta Society Lecture - free and open to the public

Sunday, May 4, noon-4pm - UT Gardens - East Tennessee Hosta Society Tailgate Plant Sale

Saturday, May 10, 7am - UT Arboretum - Bird Walk

Saturday, May 10 - UT Gardens - Spring Plant Sale

Saturday, May 17 - UT Arboretum - Kid's Day. An opportunity for learning for kids and parents.

Tuesday, May 20, noon & 6pm - UT Gardens - Lunchtime (noon) and Twilight (6pm) Walks through the garden.

Tuesday, June 17, noon & 6pm - UT Gardens - Lunchtime (noon) and Twilight (6pm) Walks through the garden.

Saturday and Sunday, June 28-29 - UT Gardens - Sixth Annual Blooms Day - Look for more information on seminars, vendors and activites. Fun for the whole family and lots of great plants.

Saturday, Sept. 13, 10am - UT Arboretum - Fall Wildflower Walk This was fascinating last year! You'll be amazed at what's growing naturally around our area.

Saturday, Sept. 13 - UT Gardens - Fall Plant Sale

Tuesday, Sept. 16, noon & 6pm - UT Gardens - Lunchtime (noon) and Twilight (6pm) Walks through the garden.

October (tba) - Ijams Nature Center - Fall Native Plant Sale.

Saturday, Oct. 11, 9am-3pm - UT Arboretum - Fall Plant Sale - Local nurseries and Arboretum Society provided plant of all kinds will be available. Get some unusual and high quality plants at a great price and help the Arboretum at the same time!

Tuesday, Oct. 21, noon & 6pm - UT Gardens - Lunchtime (noon) and Twilight (6pm) Walks through the garden.

Saturday, Oct. 25, 6:30pm - UT Arboretum - Owl Prowl. Come see the owls and learn about birds in this area.

Comments (12)

• honeybunny442
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks so much for the list! I've marked my calendar!

• positivemom
    16 years ago

This is gardening related .... compost bins will be available this weekend (3/29) at a recycling event in W Knox

Here is a link that might be useful: Earth Machine compost bins

• evasage
    16 years ago

I would like to add that the Garden Thyme Herb Society in Morristown, TN is having a "Springthyme in the Garden" Festival at the Rose Center backyard, 422 West 2nd Street, North on April 26, 2008 from 10am to 3pm. There will be craft vendors, herbs and plants for sale, a bake sale, and an herb luncheon for $8.00 for the lunch. We would love to see you there. Thanks

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Reminder:

The Racheff House and Gardens Spring Plant Sale is tomorrow!!!!!

• crossvine
    15 years ago

Hi,new here would like to say that the wife an I
    were invited by members of the talahi sale last year.
    To bring plants, we soldout totaully , everyone was great
    an having a good time.Although we havn.t heard or found
    any infor for it this year.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The time and location have been announced (see above). I actually left the "Usually held around the middle of April, but no news so far for this year" in the description by mistake. I've never seen very much info posted about this sale in previous years. It's a wonder enough people find out about it to make it work.

The Racheff Sale was really good. They had a bunch of neat plants and I got two large hypertufa planters for $20 each. I hadn't planned on buying them, but at that price, I couldn't resist.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This coming weekend....

Saturday, April 19, 9am-3pm -UT Arboretum Spring Plant Sale - Local nurseries and Arboretum Society provided plant of all kinds will be available. Get some unusual and high quality plants at a great price and help the Arboretum at the same time!

The Whitcomb series of crape myrtles (the creme de la creme of crape myrtles) and 'Appalachian Spring' dogwoods will be among the many types of plants available at the sale.

and then.....

Saturday, April 19, 10am-3pm - Ijams Nature Center - Spring Native Plant Sale.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Here's another one:

The UT Extension Service/Sevier County Master Gardener's Association Flower and Garden Show & Sale. April 26th from 9 am to 4 pm. The East TN Daylily Society will be there selling daylilies along with a whole bunch of other vendors, entertainment, etc. We went last year and it was an awesome variety of plants. The whole deal is indoors at the Sevier County fair grounds. There is an admission of $3.00 - 12 and under kids get in free.

Rebecca

• thedaylilykid
    15 years ago

The Cumberland County Master Gardeners annual Spring Flower and Garden Show is April 25, 26, and 27 at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds in Crossville.

• saraintn
    15 years ago

Don't forget-the Ijams plant sale is Saturday April 19 from 8:30 til 1:30.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ijams Plant sale

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's another new entry:

Spring Plant Sale at Franklin Square (on Kingston Pike), this Saturday, April 26,2008 from 9AM to 3PM. I've always found neat things at this sale.

• saraintn
    15 years ago

One more sale this Saturday (4/26) - Pilot Club of Knoxville is having a Wildflower Sale on April 26 2008 from 9am to 2pm at the Kroger Chapman Square parking lot. We have a large variety of wildflowers available. If you have any questions please call Evelyn Bledsoe at 865-982-5708.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler