Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
transplanted_in_tn

Garden soil in Munford?

transplanted_in_tn
15 years ago

Hi everyone! Does anyone know of a good place to get good garden soil near Munford? Looking for a place that could deliver. We don't have a truck, and hauling bags of soil back from Lowe's is getting really old (and expensive). :) Thanks in advance for any assistance! Reply, or write direct to jwbowman (at) newsguy (dot) com.

-John & Crew

Comments (8)

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

Have you called the new Tipton lawn and Patio on 51? I have not stopped there yet.But it is worth the chance.

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

John, did you find anything out?

By the way I am up here in Munford with ya.

• transplanted_in_tn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Dawn. Tipton L&P doesn't deliver. :( They'll load it on a trailer for you, though. There's a building materials place on 51 right by Lowes - I may try them. Failing that, I'll bite the delivery fee bullet and have Lowes drop a pallet of bagged stuff. My front garden area project is going to need more than I thought.

Also, do you know of a good nursery nearby? We're not starting our veggies from seed this year, except for corn, pumpkins, okra, and viney-type stuff. Lowes had some stuff, but the selection was limited. Especially looking for tomato, pepper, and eggplant.

Hey, if you or anyone you know could use some landscaping stone (natural, hard sandstone) I've got a small mountain of them.

If I find a place that delivers dirt, I'll let you know. :)

-John

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

I use Oaklawn myself. It is on Hwy 51 towards Covington, in Brighton.

I sure could use some of the stones. PM me the addy is you would.

• transplanted_in_tn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Lani-

Found a place that delivers, but it was pricey (less so than a pallet from Lowe's). We had 5 yards of promix delivered for $275.00. I need a truck, or a trailer - that was way more than I wanted to spend. Anyways, if anyone needs soil delivered in the Munford area, it's called Sandman, Inc. Min order is 3 yards, up to 18 yards. They do different types of soil, sand, gravel, etc. Got it delivered same day. The front looks great! :)

John

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

I will have to come see how it is turning out. You had a great start when I came to see you.

• transplanted_in_tn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We cleared out the construction aftermath today (which involved moving a ton of wet clay), and I got the area ready for grass re-seeding. Have to put up a dog barrier before that - they run around in packs around here, and stomp over everything. We got a Jasmine vine, raspberry bush, some hostas and a few other ornamentals I don't know the name of planted today. Oh, and 2 new shrubs - about 7 or 8 more to go. The azaleas (or whatever those things are) are going around the shed, in a yet-to-be-built bed along the back of the house, and in that corner where y'all got a bunch of the stones.

Very, very satisfying project. :)

• corrigan
    15 years ago

Try Garden of Eden in Atoka on Rosemark Rd. I don't know if they have garden soil, but they had pretty much everything else last year and I believe their delivery fees are low. (They delivered to my house for free because we're really close.) Their prices were competitive last year. :)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus