Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS - Peach Trees

bigorangevol
15 years ago

I've got eight or nine Peach trees saplings potted and ready to bring the The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap.

Before you ask, I have no idea what variety they are but the peaches taste great.

Is anyone interested?

http://www.midtnplantswap.com/

Comments (11)

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Heck yes! Wanna trade for an orchid? Nobody else seems interested. ha ha

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    15 years ago

With peach tree seedlings, you are a little more likely to get something edible than you are with something like an apple seedling, but anyone wanting to grow one should know that they are unlikely to be exactly like the parent tree and may be considerably inferior. Seedlings will not be a named variety (unless it turns out to be really good and you register it). If you have limited room and spend the time and effort to train, prune, and maintain a tree for years, it could really be disappointing to have poor quality fruit or a tree with other issues years down the road. A grafted tree with a proven rootstock and a good tasting, high quality variety scion might be a better choice for most growers. Then again, that seedling could turn out to be the next great variety the world is waiting for.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If nothing else, the blooms are awesome!

• mari5us
    15 years ago

Hey Jeff,
    I'd love to have one or even 2 if you don't get any more takers. I'll bring you something sweet in trade. Are you wanting anything special??
    Mariane

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Jeff, I would bet they get snatched up quick even if nobody posts an interest.

• velsgarden
    15 years ago

Jeff,I would love to have one.What are you looking for?
    Velvet

• new-gardener123
    15 years ago

I would love one but I don't know what I would have to swap! This will be my first time going to the plant swap and I am a pretty new gardener so I won't have much to share and what I will have will likely be things that people already have plenty of.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, you will need two for pollination so let's just say that I have four swaps. So these are now taken.

Ya'll know what I like. I'll be happy with some cool double named Daylilies, any color Cannas except yellow or red and unique color Iris.

But my favorite thing right now is our Double Peony Tulips! Those bad boys rock!!! If you don't have any then by all means try and get some this Fall. Almost every site I've hit is sold out now which is to be expected.

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Jeff, Don't mark one for me. I would rather let a first timer have one. I'm with you on the irises. I'm ordering some more. I did root some madevilla vine that is lovely at an entrance if you are interested.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anyone have fruit on those yet?

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

No fruit on mine yet but the tree is growing fast and absolutely gorgeous!

Sponsored