Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paperart_gw

new to plant swap

paperart
15 years ago

I've read about your plant swap but I've never been. Can you tell me a little more about it. How it works, other than our plants to swap, what do we need to bring? Do we need to register before the swap? Anything else I need to know. Do you ever exchange seeds? http://kathysgardenandart.blogspot.com/

Comments (5)

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Kathy about the best info I can offer up front is to visit our website at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/. Every question that you have should be answered there.

We have Introduction, FAQ, What to Bring, Directions, Contacts, Registration, Pictures, Weather and Links pages that ought to cover everything for you. If after going through all of those pages you still have question then by all means feel free to contact me at jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net or call me at 615-310-4155.

We'd love to have you attend and bring as many folks as you like - just please have everyone register. :-)

Jeff

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    15 years ago

Paperart,

I'm not sure which swap you are referring to. If you are planning to attend the East Tennessee Plant Swap, lots of information can be found on our website, www.easttnplantswap.com. I will provide a link below. If you are near Nashville and plan to attend the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap, their website is www.midtnplantswap.com. It also has lots of information about that swap. If you are going to the Memphis swap, I don't think they have a website yet (I could be wrong about that), but I'm sure they will be happy to provide details if you ask.

There is no need to register for the ETPS. We have a great swap forum available on our website that allows people to pre-arrange swaps, and it would be great to visit there before you come. You can get an idea of what others will bring and what they might be looking for. You are welcome to post your own list or respond to any of the other swappers. And, yes, we do swap seeds. Seeds probably aren't a main focus, but I always bring some and look for anything special that I might like to grow. If you are coming to the East Tennessee Swap, drop me a line and I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Here is a link that might be useful: EastTnPlantSwap.com

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Hi Kathy, Your blog is very cool. At least one of our fellow mtps swappers is from White House so you are probably asking about the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap. It is located in Chapel Hill at the Henry Horton Park. Bring your seeds, a dish to pass, and anything else garden related you would like to swap. I always bring home something unexpected. I love the smiles of surprise on others faces when I can share something they did not expect to go home with. You will find the people to be a diverse group that shares a common interest in growing things. It is my favorite garden party! Take a minute to check out the websight Jeff mentioned and register. Look me up at the swap. I have something that would go with one of your blog projects.

• paperart
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am in Middle Tennessee so I'll attend that one first. Shoot, I might have so much fun that next year I'll do them all. I'll check out the web site and get started sorting out my plants and seeds.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden tips,birding, plant and art articles

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    15 years ago

It is addictive. The day after the swap, it's kind of like the first day back to work after vacation, you'll want to go back.

Sponsored