Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Encore Azalea

Posted by vollaw 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 08 at 20:55

I'm curious about the Encore series. Do they really bloom over three seasons? How long do the blooms typically last?

Will they really handle full sun, as the website claims?

I have a couple "Autumn Belle" that are beautiful now; just wondering what I can expect in the summer and fall.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Encore Azalea

Mine blooms ok in the spring, sporatically in the summer, but have large amounts of blooms in the fall just when it seems nothing else is going to bloom. I don't remember the variety I have the tags are in my tool box with a bunch of plants in front of it.

Mary

o

In Knoxville (Stanley's Greenhouse), they have a good variety of Encore Azaleas. I didn't buy any last year, but I remember talking to him about specific versions that actually look good as a bush... even when not in bloom... and he showed me an Encore that was rather pleasant indeed.

I have never liked the look of Azaleas when they're just sitting around doing nothing. They look a bit too scrappy. Maybe one of these Encores fit the bill.

Maemae, thanks for the info... I actually haven't heard much about the real world performance of these shrubs.

o

I have some Azaleas called Bloom N Again, and they are supposed to be like Encore Azaleas. They bloom beautifully in the Spring, and occasionally will have a few additional blooms in late Summer or Early Fall. I have been dissapointed with the later bloom, although they are exquisite in the Spring.

o

They will do fine in full sun. Just keep them watered. Encores really put on a show all year provided you're within the proper zone.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here