Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

2012 Roll Call

bigorangevol
12 years ago

I was certainly surprised to see the 2008 Roll Call bumped up! How is everyone? Did you make it through Friday's disaster unscathed?

Tiffany & David Fox's house was hit by the tornado in Chatt. and it is a total loss. Heather drove down from Spring Hill to help them - props to you young lady! Please keep them in your prayers!

FYI, we're just 74 days from The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap!

Be sure to check us out on Facebook at: (http://www.facebook.com/groups/64785223352/?ref=ts)

and our webpage at: (http://www.midtnplantswap.com/)

Comments (10)

• SherryTN
    12 years ago

I'm here but just moved back to Tennessee after 10 years away to Overton County.

• rockguy
    12 years ago

Made it thru another winter. I have tomatoes and peppers started. Looking forward to a great gardening year in 2012 and I wish the same for all of you :)
    Storms here have not been too bad, but as always hit-and-miss.

• ruth2begin
    12 years ago

We have green peppers just peeking up from the seed starters(I have been using foil cake pans with plastic lids for mini green houses). No tomatoes are up yet and all of the gardeners around here have been telling me I should have plowed last fall so I didn't have to wait for dry weather to do it. Wish I had known that! We are finding alot of different bulbs coming up here in our first spring. It is beautiful driving down the road with all of the yellow blossoms popping up everywhere. My new rhubarb looks great. I found a better place to plant it this year. Hope everyone is enjoying the new green shoots as much as I am.

• KatyaKatya
    12 years ago

Hi everybody,
    I am in Johnson City which is "marginally Tennessee", so to say. I have some radishes starting to come up. I am ready to cover them in case of frost (?) Also sowed some peas and yes, started some tomatoes, peppers and tomatilloes. Some of the tomatoes are even too fast. I still have plenty of fresh kale, parsley, beets and corn salad from my winter garden. Also, I have perennial edibles like bronze fennel, walking onions, garlic chives and sorrel. All of them are growing fast and I harvest a little bit every day.
    I took a plot in a community garden last year. Have some garlic and shallots there. Going to turn under the winter wheat (just 1 bed) next week.
    Interesting spring weather. I keep comparing it to last year, but actually right now my peach tree is starting to bloom. If it doesn't snow on my peach tree blooms, it will be the 1st time in 11 years that I am here.

• rockguy
    12 years ago

Yup, here in middle TN, seeing a peach tree in bloom is almost a guarantee of at least one more frost.

• junglejerry
    12 years ago

Palm trees are doing great thru this warm winter. Itching to get annuals out, but to early. Roses are in full foilage.

• cedarbees
    12 years ago

Hello all. New here but not to gardening. My name is Greg, I live in Wilson County and grow tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, garlic and a few herbs in two small raised beds. Also grow flowers (mostly for the bees). Prefer to grow heirloom tomatoes but failed to save/obtain seeds or slips the last two years so have grown mostly hybrids from the local high school plant sale lately. Looking forward to 2012 in the garden!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Page

• burwoodbelle
    12 years ago

Hey Jeff,,I have been busy weeding,pruning,planting,and looking foward to the spring plant swap in May.Saw the video Heather did in Tiffs neighborhood I sure am sorry that happened my prayers are going out to her and family.See you soon.
    Pat

• atokadawn
    12 years ago

We are winding up in the West Tn corner for our spring swap. Other than that, just ready for the plants to be in and the fun to start.

• Country Sunflower
    12 years ago

My name is Carolyn and I live in Perry County.... Lost my husband a bit over a year ago.... and had a tough year... but finally started to dust myself off and get back to gardening again... I have met and will marry a wonderful country fellow that loves gardening as much as I do... He is breathing life back into me. Might even arrange to go a swap meet or two...

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource