Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TN DOA Question for those who sell

Posted by mayflower53 Z -7 TN (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 22:07

I have been tossing in my head for a while to maybe start selling some of my plants on a small scale and have been doing some research on garden web and other places to get a feel for what all is involved. I was on the TN DOA web site to find out what fee's, regulations and such are. I noticed that for all the plants that a person uses as stock and or sell, you must provide the name, address, and phone number of where that plant came from; so my question to the pros is: does that mean that I couldn't sell plants that have been given to me or that I have traded for and have grown on for a couple years because I can't be sure as to where they actually came from?
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TN DOA Question for those who sell

I was hoping you'd get an answer from someone like Marty DeHart (soeur) or someone else that might have a definite answer, but it doesn't look like they are checking the forum. I would recommend asking a local nursery owner. Someone like Mike Stansberry at Beavercreek Nursery in Powell could tell you for sure. You could also email Marty through Gardenweb. I think I know the answer (or at least some of the complexities involved), but I'm not sure. If you find an answer, please post what you found out here. I'd be interested in what you find.

o

Thank you Brandon for your response and suggestions. I will check into it futher and keep you posted.

o

Well I emailed Marty and never got a reply. So for now I will just assume that I can't use the stock plants with no tracking info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here