Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS - Please Help Me!

bigorangevol
15 years ago

http://www.midtnplantswap.com/registration/registration.html

HELPERS:

Guys I'm going to need some help and I know that I can count you. So go ahead and bowl me over. Understand that most of these tasks will require you to be at HHSP between 8:00-8:30, no later.

SAWPPERS:

I'd like for EVERYONE to be at HHSP at 9:00 so you can get set up by 9:30.

We will start swapping at 9:30.

THERE ABSOLUTELY WILL BE NO SWAPPING UNTIL 9:30!

If you have pre-trades arranged that's fine but DON'T do it before 9:30. Folks get really antsy when they see swapping going on around them whether it's a pre-trade or not and everyone has been told we're not swapping yet.

1. Jennifer Frazier has been gracious enough to volunteer to organize the table and swapper identification so I'm laying it all off on her. She's in charge and is going to need a couple of helpers... Doc since you can see over most trees, you like the big honkin' number thing and your tie-dye is as or more visible than my orange, your vantage point and assistance would be an excellent addition. Besides, you already volunteered.

2. I need several people who can greet everyone and help unload their vehicles and get them set up quickly so not as to disrupt the flow of traffic and parking. Actually, after your stuff is set up then please help the people coming in behind you. If the ground is damp then we can NOT pull the vehicles into the grass area! Which leads to #3.

3. I'd like at least four people to help with directing vehicles to be parked before and after they've been unloaded. We can work you in two-man shifts so nobody misses anything.

4. We are going to need to run two rows of tables so we aren't so strung out. So I need your help in NOT spreading out for 100 yards down the river bank. Ok Judith this may just be your calling. I'll let you dictate how far down the levy we need to go. Hey, it was your idea now it's your baby!

5. I never know if Lavonne will be well enough to come so some help setting out the supplies, table cloths plates, utensils, ect... by three or four ladies that wouldn't mind stepping in on that deal would be a big boost. No guys 'cause ya'll will end up sampling!

6. Joe always helps me set up the food tables but another couple of hands wouldn't hurt either. Poor Ziggy gets worked to death AND he has to take all those unflattering (as if the were any other kind) pictures of me for blackmail purposes. He's a very busy guy!

7. We always need coolers and ice so if someone, or two people, want to bring two or three large ice chests with ice then you can count that as your pot-luck food and you won't have to cook or prepare anything!

8. I'd like to have several people to help police the area and keep it clean and trash free during and after the swap. We'll need to clean up and get everything in trash bags and then take them as they fill up to the garbage cans.

9. I'll need a couple of guys to help me break down the tables and load the supplies after the swap.

10. Head count. I need someone with basic finger and toe-counting skills to get me a head count at 9:30, Noon and 1:30.

So not only do I need your assistance in all these areas, I also need your help in complying with these changes. It does no good if half are making the effort and half are totally ignoring me (you know,... like REGISTERING).

Please email me at jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net to sign up. (Maybe Bec can add a Helper Page to the website so you can go online and sign up.) You may take the opportunity to REGISTER while you're there too!!!

I'm trying to accommodate your suggestions as well as organize this event more efficiently without making this too structural but I can't do it without your willing assistance. If you have any other suggestions then please email those directly to me for consideration; I may be able to implement those at the Spring swap as well. If you have any great ideas on how to persuade everyone to REGISTER then by all means PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thank you so much,

Jeff

Did I mention that you need to go to the website and REGISTER?

Comments (15)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ok, Joe and Cathy aren't going to be able to make it because of a wedding. Which means that Judith may not make it either.

Now I'm already in the hole but THANK YOU Rhonda for stepping up and being willing to help.

C'mon guys I REALLY need you.

• columbiastock
    15 years ago

Bob and I will be glad to help, and 8:00 will be fine too. We can help unload for others, set up the tables before and after, I can help with the lunch before and after (just NO BOB around before lunch, he is a huge sampler LOL). We will bring bags of ice and trash bags to clean up the park area. We have been seeding and planting for 2 weeks, the thrill of DIRT! A GREAT DAY WILL BE HAD BY ALL ! !

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Wanda! I'm gonna need all I can get. We have plenty of trash bags so don't worry about that.

Doug & Bec are going to help too.

Looks like I may have the photography duty!!! :-)
    Be forewarned, I'm shooting nose-pickers and butt-scratchers; I'll be even more brutal than Joe.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Aye aye Capn!

• cottagegirl_tn
    15 years ago

Do I need to supply name tags? Just let me know. I'll echo the need to sign up because that will help me know how many table numbers to make...I think I should also add names to the table ID but I won't do that till I match you with a #'d one. I'm really excited about getting dirty again...in a gardening way of course!
    Jen

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jen, you've got mail.

Doc, have you found a home for Memphis yet?

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Huh?

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't ya'll have a rescue Dobie named Memphis?
    Was I on the wrong website?

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

Wrong rescue, I guess!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My bad. :-)

I'm shooting you and Jen an email.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ya'll I really and SERIOUSLY need some people to step-up and commit to helping us out!!!

So far I have Jen and Doc doing the ID thing, Rhonda is going to head-up the table organization, Doug and Bob will help with parking/unloading, Bec and Wanda have food table detail but that doesn't even scratch the surface.

I need a bunch more of you to PLEASE volunteer!!!

• palmetto_gardener
    15 years ago

Since I can't walk very far, stand very long, or pick up much, food table duty sounds my style. Be glad to help.

Judy Williams, newbie

• burgessfamily
    15 years ago

hello all
    my name is JT & my wife is Patricia, we are new to gardening & will be attending the swap, I registered yesterday. I will be able to help unload the trucks & my wife would like to help with the food table, if anything else is needed please ask
    JT & Patricia

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

Welcome Jt and Patricia!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Judy, JT and Patricia! I will certainly put you to work, just not too hard. :-)