Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paperart_gw

peggy martin pretrade??

paperart
14 years ago

I know i'm trading one for goat poo but who was I going to trade for another rose? i know I could probably search the posts but I'm too lazy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden tips

Comments (13)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Huh? You guys (assuming this is for the MTPS?) really need to set up a swap site like Laura did for us at the ETPS!

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

That was me. :) I am bringing you a Zephirine Drouhin in exchange. I have a lovely one set aside for you!

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, Brandon. Chalk it up to old age and stupidity. Connie, thanks for the response - I was checking my roses last week to be sure I have enough. Potting up the layered ones next week so they should be good by swap time.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

What are you looking for, Paperart? If they are not climbing roses I am hopeful for a trade. : )

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Hey Rhonda! Thought I'd go ahead and answer, Peggy Martin is a climbing rose. So is Zephirine, the one I'm trading PM for.

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was just trying toremember who I promised Roses to. Yes, as Rhonda said they are a climber and a vigerious one at that. I'm not sure how many extras I'll have for trade but I'll bring what i have. I'm looking for named ornamental grasses and hosta this year.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

paperart: I think you said you had about 10 of the rose u were just gonna give to me...so kind of you! ;-) Just messin...lol.

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

TN Veggie gardner, you know i would if i could. :-)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Lol, I know...Just giving ya a hard time. I'm lucky enough to get a rooted ZD from Connie anyway. Yay! =) I think I may start some of the rose seed I have too. That would be a fun little project while i'm awaiting last frost date to pass.

• basketcase1212
    14 years ago

Hi Paperart, when you said layerd up , did you mean limb layerd on gr. to root? Patricia Thanks

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Basketcase, did you get email form me? Guess a repeat here won't hurt. ya'll know i don't check in too often. I use ground layering. Long stem on ground, cover a section (be sure to cover a leaf node or two) with soil, weight with a stone or brick and wait about 3-6 months. when I feel resistance when I tug lightly on the stem, I cut the mother plant free and pot up the baby. It will generally wilt and loose its leaves but in a few weeks bounces back with new growth.

Here is a link that might be useful: blog

• sandyl
    14 years ago

Paperart I'm the goat poo lady and I look farward to trading poo for one of the roses you have. I don't do well with roses cuttings, in fact I got a couple last fall at the swap and thought all was going well until early this year and they both up and died while still in the house, they had done well all winter. I'm looking for a bush or shrub type rose with pink clusters and one that is very fragrant. My grandmother had one when I was a child and it was the bushy type and had clusters of pink flowers and the smell was to die for. I'll be bagging up goat poo here in the next week or so and should have several bags to trade. I'll try and bring 7 or 8 bags to the swap this year if I can get to it before the night before the swap and have it realy to go. I don't really know what i need other then the pink rose but i'll have the poo to trade on site at the swap. I just ordered 9 clematis's that haven't came yet to go with the other 12 I have. Really don't need any more clematis but I did trade with Connie last year for a Nelly Moser that I didn't have that's doing very well this year. Steve I'll have you a bag of goat poo for a jar of your hot peppers, Two jars of peppers for two bag of goat poo, hehehe. I enjoyed them up until they were gone around Christmas. Your hot peppers were the best. Sandy / Pats Daughter

• basketcase1212
    14 years ago

No e-mail, but thanks for info.I'm going to try that.Patricia

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES