Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

Ain't it GREAT to be alive and be in Tennessee

bigorangevol
16 years ago

Just got back home! We missed you guys and I can't tell you how happy we are to be home. SoCal...wonderful place to visit but it ain't Tennessee and it ain't HOME!!! God bless this beautiful state and Tennesseeans.

Comments (15)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

Especially this time of year! :-)

• fayz7 Bible
    16 years ago

Happy Spring!!!! Sounds like a great trip and glad your safely back. I very much enjoy your posts. They sure do cheer a person up!

Happy Gardening! Carol

• farmerbell
    16 years ago

It surely is! We were in the GA Dome at the SEC Tournament when the tornado went through Atlanta last week. The Dome sustained damage plus our hotel was also damaged; in fact, the room across the hall from us had its big window blown out, but our room was not damaged. Saturday morning when we looked out our window, every building we could see had windows gone. TN looks really good to me right now!

Ann

• honeybunny442
    16 years ago

It sure is! Our old home got 12 inches of snow yesterday!

• mlwgardener
    16 years ago

Welcome home Jeff. I was just telling Jan how much I miss you and Lavonne. She told me I should check out the wonderful TN forum and guess who I found??? I miss all my old friends from TN.

Happy Easter to all and may He bless you each and everyone with his loving Grace, Mona

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Carol that awful nice!

Ann I was watching it on CNN because those dang West Coasters wouldn't show an SEC game if their lives depended on it. I knew several folks that were at the tourney so I was a little worried. I just happened to call my Dad as soon as it started to check scores. I'm thankful that you guys were ok.

Mona we miss you too! Are we gonna have to come down there and drag you to the MTPS? Email me and I'll catch you up on everything. Give David a hug from us and a big huge one for yourself.

Love ya bunches,
    Jeff & Lavonne

• vivian_gardener
    16 years ago

Everything in our neighborhood is so pretty right now. My forsythia and daffodils are blooming and my daylilies are starting to come up. I don't have any redbuds blooming in my yard but there are some on my street. I love this time of year when everything comes back to life.

• katiedidcottage
    16 years ago

Oh, yeah~ Nice to be back in the Chattanooga area. On my way to work, I see the gorgeous "smoky" foothills of the Smoky Mountains, then going home I notice all the many redbuds blooming. I think there must be a redbud in every 20 square foot area.
    -Katie

• memphistigerlily
    16 years ago

The weather is beautiful outside today! To bad I am stuck at work with no visable window were I sit. Its tortue!

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

It could be worse, memphistigerlily. I have a window and can see what I'm missing. Although it has clouded up a bit. I'm hoping the rain holds off until I can get our grass cut this afternoon.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It could be A LOT worse; you could be in a room with a window and stuck at the computer doing your taxes while digging through tons of files and paperwork for 20 of the last 33 hours!!!

I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• katiedidcottage
    16 years ago

Jeff, just dig in and get it done, then you'll be able to rest for another year. I think it would be good to take a break now and then and go for a walk and get away from all that hard work.

I feel your pain though. It sure is hard to go back to work after coming home at lunch to take the dog out. Its called Spring Fever, isn't it?

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Ah, I spent the afternoon digging plants for the swap until I ran out of potting soil. Then I did some sewing sitting on the deck while Maleah played in the back yard, and then took a little catnap in the sun.

*grinning big and ducking*

Rebecca

• katiedidcottage
    16 years ago

LOL!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just trying to hack me off huh Bec?

Ya'll on a serious note...Rhonda posted above that her Mom was just killed in a car accident. Everyone please remember their family in your prayers. We have lost a valued member of our GW/MTPS family.

Sponsored