Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelajgood

Snapdragons

angelajgood
15 years ago

I am very new to gardening. I am a bit overwhelmed with trying to learn so much, but I'm getting there. We finished landscaping and building beds late last summer and in an attempt to put some type of color in our front beds I added some snapdragons early last fall (or maybe late summer, don't remember). They were little with a few blooms and for the most part I had some occasional blooms that held on through the winter. They have now exploded! I can't believe that anything can bloom like these things have with no fussing on my part (still amazed that I can plant things and they will flourish-what a concept). I have these wild bursts of color at the front of my beds and I am thrilled.

I am now wondering how long this is going to last and are these really an annual. I keep finding conflicting information, so I am really confused. Are they going to bloom throughout the summer and then die? Or are they going to fade with the heat? I would like to buy some taller ones to fill in the middle parts of the beds, but haven't even looked for any. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am in Memphis.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm