Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite nurseries in Middle to East TN

Posted by daisy522 z7 TN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 9:32

Hello all!
I am driving from Memphis to Kingsport this week and thought I would stop at a few nurseries along the way. Do you have a favorite? I'd like to stay on or close to I 40 as much as possible.
Thanks for your advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite nurseries in Middle to East TN

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 15, 08 at 11:28

I like Beavercreek Nursery. They have lots of neat small trees (mostly around 1 or 2.5 gallon size) and perennials. They are not too far from I-75 and, I'm going to guess, about 15 minutes from I-40. There is another nursery on the way (nothing to write home about) on Emory Road very close to the interstate. If Beavercreek Nursery is too far off your path, keep it in mind for when you visit Knoxville again.

o

Please stop by Rita Randolph's nursery! She has a website with directions to her. Right outside of Jackson. You will love it!

o

I second Rita Randolphs!!

o

Oakwook in Morristown is worth it. You will get off at exit 12 drive up to 11e turn left. Its next to state farm office. There are a couple there on a 11e from Jeff city and Morristown.

o

Well, not sure it's close enough to I40 - but if not, definitely put it on your list for another time (especially the daylily festival at the end of June) - Oakes Daylilies in Corryton, TN (just north of Knoxville). They have a web site, and they give very large, healthy daylilies. Some varieties are expensive there, but alot are not. They have very helpful staff as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oakes Daylilies

o

Correction Oakwood is now closed for good. It's too bad as it was the best in morristown.

o

I would try TN Nursery, they are out that way-- I love them! They are SUPER cheap, and have really fast delivery if you are in the SE. They even have a website- just google the name!

o

TN Nursery is awful! The owner has been caught running scams on Dave's, and she's posted a bunch of ridiculous stuff on here (like when she recommends invasives on the Natives Forum). I would avoid TN Nursery (also known by a bunch of aliases, BTW) like the plague!!! It's nearly impossible for me to believe that someone even recommended it (unless that person happens to be Ms Tammy...undercover).

o

Kind of an "oldie but a goodie" on the southside of Knoxville, Stanley's Greenhouse. They have a good selection of plant materials for gardeners to plant collectors.

p.s. no, not employed there but do frequent it from time to time!

o

Johnson's Nursery in Cookeville.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here