Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomatoes

Posted by utdeedee 7A-East Tennessee (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 11:31

Wonder what you think about if it's too early to put tomatoes out in the Knoxville area. I've planted beans Monday and I am itchen to get tomatoes out. Worried about a later frost. Your thoughts are welcomed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomatoes

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 13:24

I think it would be fine. The lowest predicted temperature for the next 10 days is 45 degrees F (completely safe for all tomatoes) and it's supposed to keep warming up after that. If your plants are large enough to plant out and you've hardened them off, get them in the ground and remember to plant deep!

o

Thanks Brandon. There is one night this next week that's to be 39 but I think I'll get some plants now and put out. I'll put my seedlings I started out for later plants. Have a great day!

o

Don't forget the heirloom tomato plant sale at Gatlinburg's Earth Day Festival on Tuesday. All proceeds go to the Tennessee Green Schools program at Pi Beta Phi Elementary. Refer to my previous posting for details.

o

Hey stop that ITCHEN and plant your tomatoes. Mine are blooming. Have faith.

o

Farmer's Almanac says the Blueberry Frost (I believe that's the terminology) is coming up soon. I'd wait until at least the end of April. You are in a higher elevation there (as opposed to me in the TN valley).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here