Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peonies in TN

Posted by RyseRyse_2004 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 11:42

A friend tells me the winters are not cold or long enough in TN for peonies. I hope she is wrong! We will be moving from IL and I sure do want to bring my peonies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peonies in TN

I have several peonies growing in my garden and they are budding now. They grow fine here in my east Memphis garden. Which part of TN will you get moving to?

o

I know of several in the Middle TN/Nashville area, too. I think you'll be all good.

o

I can imagine the winters possibly being a little too warm for some peonies in Memphis (they are in zone 8), but most of Tennessee is well within the peony growing range.

o

We had some issues with powdery mildew on our penoies last fall/winter but they have bounced back just fine and are are budding beautifully

o

Someone doesn't know Peonies. I've had 3 in the the ground for a decade. They get more beautiful every year.

o

I have read that early-blooming peonies do best in Tennessee because the later-blooming ones get burned up by the heat we have later in the summer. I do have four peonies in my yard (and they've been there for 7-8 years). Three of them are blooming now; the other has lots of buds but they haven't opened yet.

And welcome to Tennessee!

o

I am in West Tn
I have no problems with peonies.

o

Peonies Shirley Temple, Kansas and Felix Supreme in my east Memphis garden have finished blooming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here