Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it too late into Spring to Transplant a maple tree?

Posted by tnk530 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 12:04

I have 2 small maples growing underneath my deck (about 3 ft tall). I would like to move them to my front yard. I was thinking of doin it this weekend. Is it too late into spring to move them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it too late into Spring to Transplant a maple tree?

I think it will be fine. We should have some rain for the next month or so (and if we have a summer like last year I'm sure they will be fine!). Just keep them watered when we have dry spells. I think it would be better to move them now before their root systems gain another full season of growth.

Oh and dig out wider than you think for the root balls!

o
RE: Is it too late into Spring to Transplant a maple tree?

Make SURE they get a mandatory 1 inch of water every week. I would do that regardless of what the natural rain does.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here