Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marytn_gw

Knoxville and Sevierville nurseries

MaryTN
19 years ago

I will be visiting Knoxville and Sevierville areas this weekend and would like to visit areas nurseries to look for perennials. Also, years ago I visited an herb farm, I think near Maryville, and cannot remember the name of it. Does anyone know of this place? Thanks.

Comments (17)

• amazondoc
    19 years ago

Good nurseries in or around Knoxville -- Pope's, Stanley's, Flower Market, Willow Ridge, the little place close to Flower Market whose name I can't think of, Beaver Creek, Meadowview. Sunshine Gardens if you're really into natives, Erin's Herb Farm if you're really into herbs (this one is not by Maryville -- I dunno a Maryville one!). Oh, and there is a pretty nice nursery in Maryville, Earth something? Can't remember!

• SmokyMist
    19 years ago

I've heard about mulch and more, and I keep meaning to stop by there. I hear it's a good place to go , good prices.

Cheryl

• beebees
    19 years ago

There's one at Dixie Lee Junction. Good plants, prices a bit high last year but haven't been there this year. Sometimes I'll pay a bit more for a great selection/quality and this was the place. Take the first exit after the 40/75N split. There's a BIG truck stop there. Go right and follow road up the hill. At light, turn right and it's a small place on left. Plants are inside and outside on parking lot. You can hit 2 nurseries taking this route. After leaving the Dixie Lee Junction nursery, go left and stay on route 11. Meadowview is about 4 miles further on Rt 11/ on the right. There's a big watering can (maybe 4 feet tall) hanging on a post to mark it.

• cargib11
    19 years ago

Mulch & More had pretty good prices in the past. My husband and I are building contractors here in Sevier and have bought a lot of mulch and plants, trees, bushes etc. there. So far we have not lost anything we have bought there in the last few years.

• bluetruck99
    19 years ago

Sapplings Gaden Center on kingston pike in k-town. its off I-40 @ the lovell road exit abotu a block down Kingston Pike. i wil be there all weekend workin'. its all retail but we have some cool stuff. (monrovia, al's garden art, local growers, and really knowledgable staff) ~Ryan (its close to the Dixie lee and the one with the big watering can that beebees talked about, also close to Green Acres)

• Michaela
    19 years ago

The Herb place you remember near Maryville is closer to the Louisville community. It is called Honey Rock Herb Farm located on Honey Rock Way. I was by there today on my way to the Poland Creek Nursery. Honey Rock may have a web site. I believe it's off Topside Rd. directly across from a boat marina on Ft. Loudon Lake. From Alcoa Hwy (US 129), turn west onto Topside and drive to the "T" intersection at the Louisville Post Ofice. Turn right and drive a short way, maybe a mile or two to the marina. Honey Rock will be on your left up a short driveway called Honey Rock Way. It is a..........unique place.

• MaryTN
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the info. I believe the herb farm was Honey Rock. Where is Poland Creek Nursery? Does it sell perennials?

• amazondoc
    19 years ago

Cooel. I'm hearing about several local places I've never been too!

I second the request -- where's Poland Creek?

• Michaela
    19 years ago

Here is the URL for the Poland Creek Nursery:

http://www.polandcreeknursery.com/

The URL gives verbal directions and a map. I don't think the map is very good; I would put their address in Mapquest.com and print out what I wanted.

If you choose to go there via Alcoa Hwy. and Topside, you will pass within 100 yards of Honey Rock Herb Farm; start looking for it on the left after you make the right at the Louisville Post Office. It is across from the big Marina which you will pass by.

Poland is mainly a tree and shrub Nursery, but OH WHAT BEAUTIFUL AND UNUSUAL STUFF THEY HAVE! Worth the trouble.....PS... the last 1/2 mile to Poland is a gravel road.

• rader_ranch
    19 years ago

hey, Poland Creek is right near Friendsville, where we're moving to in a month. sweet....

• amazondoc
    19 years ago

Thanks for the info! I know right where Topside Dr. is -- amazing that I've never been to this place before.

• getdirtyinmygarden
    16 years ago

Any suggesions on great places to purchases statuary, fountains and accesories for my garden? I love the garden shop at Southern Market, Homberg Drive but haven't found any other good places in the Knoxville area.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

There's a place over on Schaad Road near the Knoxville Municipal Golf Course. I don't remember their name but they are easy to find if you are driving down that road. They would probably also be in the phone book under statuary or something. They used to be out on Clinton Highway, but moved about a year or two ago.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Outdoor Creations
    4101 Schaad Rd
    Knoxville, TN 37921-2132
    Phone: (865) 254-0738

• anntn6b
    16 years ago

I don't understand the Poland Creek website. Are they still a nursery?
    How about some of the others?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Ann, the website posted above is no longer being used by Poland Creek Nursery. The company now using the address is a company that buys previously used addresses and posts ads on them. I have run into this A LOT when looking for websites. I don't know anything about the nursery though. I would recommend calling the nursery unless someone here is familiar with it.

Sponsored