Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedazzle

question about posting

dixiedazzle
16 years ago

I don't have anything to trade, so I didn't go to the exchange forums. Can I make an outright request for a start of something from my local area?

Comments (6)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Sure, you can always ask.

Actually, your best bet would be to come to the Knoxville Plant Swap on the 5th of May at Admiral Farragut Park here in Knoxville. There is always plenty of stuff, and there will be many people that will be happy to load you up with neat plants, seeds, and cuttings as long as you are nice. (We don't want a mob like at the Middle TN Plantswap last year.) I always come with many more plants than I plan to leave with. (I'm still having trouble accomplishing this goal. LOL)

Are you looking for anything in particular?

Here is a link that might be useful: Knoxville / East TN Plant Swap

• dixiedazzle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I want a start of the potato onion & other multiplier onions. I might just come to the swap - I just moved & had to leave all my daylilies, but can come up with some things to bring.

I've never been to a swap before. Last year, maybe year before, I read some of the posts about one, but there were 2 "ladies" really having a go at each other & I decided to stay home! I hope to see you then.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

I think I know what you're talking about, but the problem didn't carry over to the swap at all. I think that problem kind of worked itself out before the swap. I guess anytime you have 20 or more people together, you will have some minor problem somewhere, but overall, the Knoxville Swap is always one of the most fun, friendly, and sociable get togethers of any type of public meeting I can thing of. A few of us try to stay in touch most of the year and especally around swap time to iron out any potential problems before they become an issue. I will happily personally guarantee your safety from hostile people. LOL (-;

• dixiedazzle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL too. I'm down toward Cleveland so Knoxville isn't a bad drive at all & I really do plan on coming. I design jewelry & I can always bring earrings & bracelets to (hopefully) trade for plants. I guess i should ask - is it OK to do that?

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

Sure, DixieTn - - I bet your jewelry would be a real hit! While the focus is on plants and gardening, everyone understands that there are folks that either have a new home or are just getting started and don't have items to trade. There is always a mixture of folks that bring extras that need a home without expecting a trade in return, and folks that are bringing some special items that they hope to exchange for something else.

While there is no pressure to bring trades, most folks can bring some inexpensive item. One lady last year brought plant markers that she had made from old mini-blinds - - now that was a useful item!!!

And since you are coming from Cleveland, the West Knoxville swap location isn't that bad of a drive!

Both of last year's Knoxville swaps were just great! We now have a group of folks that have gotten to know one another and look forward to seeing old friends as well as making new friendships. There are quite a few different swaps now regularly held in Tennessee, and as best I can tell, once you've been to one - you start looking forward to the next one.

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

Dixie we normally ask that everything brought to the swap be plant related but you can bring jewelry to the MTPS!

Actually there are now four plant swaps in Tennessee. You just missed the Northern Middle Tenness Plant Swap last weekend, the Mountain Madness Plant Swap is being being held at Dara's Gardens in South Knoxville on April the 28th, the Knoxville Plant Swap is May the 5th, and the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap is May the 19th.

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County