Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

MTPS Special Guest Lecturers

bigorangevol
14 years ago

I guess I messed-up by starting this thread under another title because only two people responded other than Bec and Rhonda (Steve and Jen). Maybe this will elicit a larger response....

Are you interested in growing fruit trees in Tennessee? Want to learn how to grow them the right way? Scared of not knowing which varieties do well here, how to propagate them, what diseases to look for or even how to prune them correctly? Worry no more and jump into the fruit tree frenzy at the 2009 Spring MTPS on Saturday, May 16th at Henry Horton State Park!!!

The lovely and talented Mrs. Rebbecca Holder should be updating the website, as soon as her busy schedule allows, on our speaker and topic for The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap. What would I have done without yours and Doug's help and support all these years? I know, flounder and drown! Thanks guys!!!

Major, major, major props to Rhonda Chilson for securing our speakers for me. Once again I've been so incredibly fortunate to have one of our members pull my rear out of the ringer for the fourth or fifth time. Thanks so much Rhonda, your devotion and dedication to the MTPS is always spot-on! You're one of the special people that put forth the effort and desire to see the MTPS succeed to the extent that we all want it to. I owe you big-time!!!

As usual I'm incredibly jacked over our lecture topic and our speakers! How do we get so stinkin' lucky year after year after year?

Curt and Tina Wideman have been oh so gracious to agree to share their expertise with our group this Spring. They own Morning Glory Orchard in Nolensville. Although they have only had this property for eight years, the orchard itself is over a quarter century old. Along with apples and peaches they also sell fresh vegetables, homemade jams and preserves, butter, cider, honey, salsa, Chow-chow, Honey Mustard Sauce, hot sauce, dry rub and Bar B Que Sauce. It's one-stop shopping for a slew of homemade Tennessee-grown products. Dang, I'm getting hungry just writing this! Please visit their website and support one of our local independent growers at http://www.morninggloryorchard.com/index.html

So if you were sitting on the fence debating on whether to make the trip to The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap...this ought to make you gas up the vehicle, grab the family, some food, your plants and come on down!

If you need a place to stay then our hosts at Henry Horton State Park have motel rooms, cabins and campsites available but you should call first and get your reservations nailed down now. Links to HHSP are provided at the MTPS website.

Can you believe that we're only 18 days out? Ya'll better get cracking on potting-up all your goodies.

If you plan on attending the MTPS then please remember to register at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/

SEE YA'LL AT THE RIVER!!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored