Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memphis Swap (WTPS) Guest Speakers

Posted by sandsquid 7a Bartlett/Memphis (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 08 at 19:13

Hear-ye' hear-ye'!!!!! The Memphis Swap 1.0 (aka WTPS 2008)
is pleased to announce, not one but TWO honored guest speakers!
(Observant readers will note that they share a common last name. ;-)

Mrs. Yvonne Siemer
Memphis City Beautiful Commission
http://www.cityofmemphis.org/framework.aspx?page=150

Mr. G. Donald Siemer
District Attorney General
Shelby County Environmental Court
(Shelby County Courts - Division 14)
http://www.shelbycountytn.gov/FirstPortal/dotShowDoc/Government/Courts/GeneralSessionsCourt/environ_court_index.htm

Mr. And Mrs. Siemer have not disclosed their specific topics, but we can be sure it will be informative... And Mrs. Siemer grows the best tomatoes I've had West of New Jersey and Naples, FL. And Mr. Siemer is never without a fresh miniature rose (from his home garden) attached to the lapel of his suit jacket, and has even figured out how to over-winter petunia's.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memphis Swap (WTPS) Guest Speakers

Them must be some mighty powerful maters 'cause there sure ain't much that's EAST of Jersey!

Hooyah Squid for nailing down two prominent speakers!!! Trust me, I know how difficult it is to get anyone willing to commit to doing a lecture. I've been gunned down far more times than accepted.

o
RE: Memphis Swap (WTPS) Guest Speakers

It's all about having "connections" (:-)

When I was with MPD, I worked directly for General Siemer for a year on a "special project".
He and his wife have since become surrogate Grand-Parents to my children. I feel that is an important influence for kids to have, and both sets of their real Grand-Parents are 1500+ miles away, in opposite directions.
--
Capo di tutti capi,
The E-5 Mafia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here