Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momonmountain

Humingbirds

momonmountain
14 years ago

Has anyone seen any hummingbirds this year? The past two years I have had Hummers on April 1. This year they are no shows. I live in southeast corner of TN.

Comments (15)

• rockguy
    14 years ago

Supposedly they have been spotted north of here in Clarksville, but my feeder has seen no action, changed out the food once.

• maternut
    14 years ago

I call them tax birds. They show up about the time I pay my taxes, April 15. Martins were about about a week late at my place this year. After the tempertures last night and tonight I sure understand why they are late. I think they are smarter than the guy that wrote spring on my calendar, this year.

• paperart
    14 years ago

My husband actually saw one in March looking for our feeders. I blogged about it - see attached link

Here is a link that might be useful: garden tips

• atokadawn
    14 years ago

I saw a scout today! I am hanging the feeders tomorrow. I am in west Tn.

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

Here is a map of the hummingbird migration. It is based purely on folks reporting their sightings.

I put mine out last weekend and half the sugar water is gone. So, someone is stopping by! I just haven't seen them yet.

Rebecca

Here is a link that might be useful: hummingbird map

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

I saw my first one on the 7th. I love to watch the map, but I always see them a bit later than the map shows, probably because I am in the suburbs......spring! Isn't it exciting?

Mary

• rockguy
    14 years ago

I saw one this morning at the feeder at 7 am. No more all day until now, he musta been traveling still.

• rosie_ga
    14 years ago

Norris TN area.....near Knoxville. Saw the first one hit two different feeders last week....about the 8th.

• lambsnob
    14 years ago

dh and i saw a small brown hummer last night around 7 p at a planter of fuschia dianthus. there also, was a red throated hummer this evening approximately 6 p, at a planter outside the front entrance. i'm ashamed to say there were no feeders out. but, hubby & i quickly remedied that, and we are located in cherokee, alabama not far from the alabama/ mississippi line.

• irisaddict
    14 years ago

Saw my first hummer of the year here in Spring Hill,TN. He was at the feeder. Haven't seen him on the red buckeye yet but now I know to watch for him.

• burwoodbelle
    14 years ago

I saw 3 males on my fedders in Thompsons STA.today.no females yet.

Pat L

• fernzilla
    14 years ago

I checked the link to Hummingbird map and saw where they had been seen on March 20 in Memphis area, where I am located. I put out my feeders that week. I have seen several since doing this. The weather has been so crazy lately, with it being 70's one day and then cold the next, they can't seem to make up thier minds I guess.

• utdeedee
    14 years ago

Wonder if it's too early for the Knoxville area? I will put them out tonight just in case. Luv those little guys!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I'm getting a feeder tomorrow. :) I'll let y'all know if I see any visitors on it this weekend.

• dabosa
    12 years ago

I know this is kinda late but I have about 15 that come to my feeders this year.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz