Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Who's coming to the East Tennessee / Knoxville Plant Swap?

brandon7 TN_zone7
16 years ago

Many people have been posting pretrades on the website, but there are always many more that come that don't pretrade. There are a few people that I haven't heard from in a long time. I remember MattJones that posted on here a few times months ago. Anyone heard from him? I thought about emailing him, but his he doesn't have that setup on his member page. If anyone knows of anyone that might like to come, but isn't a regular on here, please let them know that it's on for next Saturday! Somebody's got to take all those plants home.

Who else is coming?

Comments (18)

• wild_rose
    16 years ago

I haven't been to a swap in a couple of years and really want to come to this one to meet up with old friends and make new ones. I'll hustle and go register right now.

Virginia

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

My friends, Dan and Dave, are driving down from Ky. for the swap. I've seen Dan's trade list and it is awesome! Cool plants, cool plants!

I would encourage everyone to come - great folks, lots of plants and good information. I am SOOOOO looking forward to Saturday. Even if it rains, I am ready with my new waterproof parka and my crocs!

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Unfortunately, I will be missing it again this year. Dakota has a Boy Scout Camporee that weekend and I have to go with him. Doug has the daylily business to tend to on weekends now.

Rebecca

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Virginia, I think the website still has a glitch and will not allow you to sign up. There is info about the swap on the website. Laura is going to upgrade the site for the Fall Swap but didn't want to change a bunch of things right before this swap. Just come and bring your plants and a truck to haul all your new acquisitions home. If anyone needs any more info, let us know!

• honeybunny442
    16 years ago

I'm going to miss it again this year, going up north for my parent's birthdays.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

Rebecca -- I still have your agave! Dangit, I was hoping to give it to you Saturday. We'll still have to arrange a meeting!

Due to everything else going on, I am waaaaaaaay behind on getting ready for the swap. PLEASE EVERYONE keep checking the trade web site until Friday night!! There is a lot of stuff that I may not bring unless I know people want it, and I won't know exactly what I'm bringing until the last second! It might be a good idea to check my general GW trade list and see if there's something on it that interests you, then I can see if I have a tradeable amount.

I'm driving back to Lebanon AGAIN on Wednesday. We closed last Friday, did I mention that, hooray!! I'll probably be digging up plants for the swap at 3AM Saturday morning!!

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Oh yeah, Doug mentioned that the other day when we were talking about missing the swap again. We'll meet up eventually! I still have some bog orchids I owe to Cheryl (Nat) from last year. Nat I still have them!

I am going to miss the Friends of the Garden sale on the 10th too. We have a Daylily club meeting that day. I might catch the tail end of it.

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

Ione,
    If needed, I can hang onto Rebecca's agave for you. I might have a better chance at meeting up with her and I know you are BUSY getting ready for the big move.

I had forgotten about the bog orchids. Rebecca, check out my trade list on the swap site. Let me know if you want me to hang onto anything for you.

• mari5us
    16 years ago

I'm going to make it up to the East Tn plant swap this weekend. I wasn't sure til the last minute, but I plan to attend both swaps, even more so to catch up and visit with old friends. I'll post what food I'll bring up on the forum, but chocolate will definitely be on the menu.
    Marianne

• utdeedee
    16 years ago

Not new here to the site, but, would like to know where the swap will be and the time. May try to attend it.
    Thanks.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

Nat -- that may be a good idea. But it'll be too funny, since this is the agave that I originally got from you! LOL!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey DeeDee, the swap will be held Saturday, May 3, at Admiral Farragut Park. Set up starts at 9 am. Swapping starts at 10 am. The rain barrel demo will be around 10:30 am. There will be a potluck lunch when everyone gets tired of swapping or gets hungry. Below is a link to the site with detailed directions and a map.

Here is a link that might be useful: Directions to the Swap

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

Ione, I guess what goes around - comes around.... LOL Sounds like this poor plant is going to feel unwanted - - it needs a permanent home!

• honeybunny442
    16 years ago

I'm ALWAYS hungry! Does that mean lunch starts at 9am? lol.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You'll be so excited about all the plants, you'll forget all about eating.

• behaviorkelton
    15 years ago

I plan on coming to the swap.... but, frankly, I'm not bringing anything to swap!

I'll see you there!

Kelton

• TnShadyLady
    15 years ago

Kelton, it will be good to meet you. Most of us stay and enjoy a picnic lunch. We have a great group of regular attendees and we all enjoy getting to know the new folks.Â

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

We've got a 4:00 wedding and a 6:00 graduation to hit Saturday plus Lavonne has a gem & bead show before that from 9:00-2:00! I hate that we're going to miss another one but we WILL get there eventually.

Wow guys, Farragut Park is a sweet spot down on the river with Cowan Park flanking it! Make sure that somebody takes plenty of pictures. There is a house on Cheltenham right across from Lincolnshire (third house from the cul-de-sac) with a super kickin' yard & landscape!!!

Remind everyone there to come to The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap two weeks later on the 17th. Obviously I haven't done it yet but hitting two swaps in two weeks would be pretty dang cool. How 'bout it Marianne and Doc? I know that you two have hit both before.

The really serious swappers could actually make three swaps in FIVE weeks going to Memphis then Knoxville and finally to Chapel Hill! One of these days I'm gonna do just that.

Ya'll have a great time!!!

Sponsored