Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

We're up!!! MTPS Registration

bigorangevol
16 years ago

Thanks to Mrs. Holder our Registration Page is up and running!

So... you know what that means. I'd sure like to see about 100 registrations in my Inbox tomorrow.

Get hopping and go to http://www.midtnplantswap.com/registration/registration.html and blow that thing up guys!!!

Comments (28)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cool! The registrations are rolling in at a very nice clip. Half of them are first-timers too.

Make sure that you give me a head-count of how many will be in your party. Anyone that isn't living in your household, i.e... relatives, friends or neighbors will need to register separately so we can get their info as well.

Keep 'em coming guys!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We've got quite a few in already but I need EVERYONE to go to the Registration Page and sign up if you plan on attending the MTPS.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I hate to be a pest but...

1. Please let us know how many are going to be in your party.
    2. PLease add your GW screen/user name.
    3. Please let us know where you coming from.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Jeff, I just added a text field for user name. I didn't think of it before!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Bec! The new registration is the bomb. I feel like it's Christmas every time I logon my email.

Guys it wouldn't hurt to add what food you will be bringing to the swap either so that if we are running at a deficit on something I can post and make folks aware of it.

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

Do you want those of us that registered already to go back and re-do it?

Number in party should also be it's own field. Of course this will probably be something that improves over time.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Joe I know that there will be three of ya'll and Norm registered himself & Barb. Doug, Bec and the kids will be four. Bob is bringing three with him as is Dave.

What I really need to know (especially for first-times) are the total of people in your party. Plus, if you are bringing someone that DOESN'T live in your household then I would like to have them registered separately so I can enter them into my spreadsheet too.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Where are all our old timers???

The newbies and first-timers are surpassing all other registrants. C'mon guys I really need you to participate so that I have some inkling as to how many are going to be there. It only takes 30 seconds!!!

We're only five weeks away and I'm already grinding my teeth to the gums. Throw me a bone here!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We're 31 days away!

Guys less than 40 people have registered and 40% of those are first-timers.

Where are all our normal crew??? Ya'll are hurting my feelings.

PLEASE go online and register!!! We need everyone registered as soon as possible.

I know that we are going to have between 100-150 of you attend that havent registered. This is a new thing for most of us but it takes less than a minute to do and I really need this info BADLY.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Where the heck is Marianne? My compost piles are sprouting things and it reminded me of her, LOL!

Come out, come out where ever you are!

Rebecca

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ya'll are killin' me here.

• thedaylilykid
    16 years ago

I finally registered, or at least I think I did!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got you Lucas! It's the other 100+ that are making my hair turn gray.

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HELLO!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• neophytegardener
    16 years ago

I registered!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

THANK YOU!!!

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

C'mon folks... a little help please!

• ladybug37091
    16 years ago

I think I registered early, Jeff. Let me know if you don't see my name. Rhonda

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're in Rhonda. Thanks a bunch!!!

• Nancy
    16 years ago

Hey guys, do you let folks from KY come? :)

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

Sure. I think we've had people from several of the surrounding states nearly every time. And some from not surronding states.

• farmerbell
    16 years ago

ngraham, please do some to the Middle TN Plant swap. How about bringing some of your daylilies to swap?

• mari5us
    16 years ago

Hi Canna,BOV and all my rowdy plant swap friends,
    I went and think I registered---- please let me know if it worked. I can't wait to see everyone!!!!

Marianne (formerly MIA)

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mariandretti you were slow off the starting line but turned in a fast lap to qualify! :-)

Remember that the speed limit isn't 70 mph on I-65 until you pass Harding Place; Hwy. 99 is 55 mph (both legs); Hwy. 431 is 45 mph and you had BETTER drop to 40 mph on Hwy. 31! The park speed limit is 15 mph.

• dennisjmccoy
    16 years ago

I just looked up Henry Horton State Park. It looks like it will be a 3 hr drive from Jackson Tn, a 4 hr drive for the Memphis folks. I guess I'll take my plants to the Farmer's Mkt.

• tngreenthumb
    16 years ago

4 hours. Pfftt!

I'll drive two hours on Friday afternoon to get to my mom's house, load up all my sister's stuff and our table, then another two hours Saturday morning. Then two hours back to our mom's place then another two hours home on Sunday.

But I do realize that 4 hor one way trip is worse.

green1, you just missed the Memphis area swap. Stay tuned for news on the Fall swaps!

• intimidator_3
    16 years ago

When we come to the swap every year it is from Knoxville. From Knoxville to Jim and Jans place was around 4 1/2 hours. I never considered it too far though. I enjoy the event very much, but it is the people and fellowship that I really show up for. I cant tell you how many good friends we have made from going to these swaps and we always look forward to seeing them again every spring. Camping the night before and after the swap is something I think alot of folks look forward to. The plants are pretty much just icing on the cake. Depends on your point of view I guess.

Doug

• bigorangevol
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HHSP is only 2:45 from Jackson but it was 2:00 to Jan & Jim's.
    HHSP is only 4:00 from Memphis as opposed to the 3:15 to Jan & Jim's.

Even though this is the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap I've still tried to make it as convenient as possible for everyone in TN regardless of where you are coming from. We're actually 45 miles closer to the geographical center of Tennessee than we were. I realized from the jump that it was going to be an additional 45 minutes for the folks from West TN but rather than snaking around Hwy's 45, 100, 64, 99... and going through all those small towns, twisty/curvy roads and speed changes now 50% of the trip from Jackson is on I-40 and 65% of the trip from Memphis is on I-40 so the drive itself should actually be much easier.

Henry Horton State Park is 30 minutes closer for those from Chattanooga and an hour and a half closer to Nashville and Knoxville.

The folks in East TN have been making the 4½ to 5 hour trip twice a year for eight years now and those of us from Nashville have been driving 2 ½ hours when we are only 30 miles from the geographical center of TN. I'm sorry if an additional 45 minutes is a deal-breaker but if you show up I guarantee you'll be happy you did and won't hesitate to come back for every swap. I think that everyone from West TN will agree that the additional 45 minutes is negligible when compared to actually missing a MTPS! If you don't come then you'll be kicking yourself afterwards!!!

Part of the attraction of holding the swap at HHSP are their cabins, the Park Inn and campgrounds. Their location and scenery are fantastic. The ease of getting there is wonderful. They also have a restaurant, 18-hole golf course, trap and skeet range, Olympic-sized pool, volleyball, basketball, several playgrounds for small children, Conference Facilities, biking, fishing, hiking, sports ball fields, picnic shelters and the Duck River... it is just a wonderful park with a ton of stuff that you can to do there! Canoe and horse rentals are also available nearby. A lot of our regulars enjoy making a weekend trip out of the MTPS and HHSP affords them a wide variety of activities to choose from in a very family-friendly atmosphere.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County