Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

* Haves / Wants for the Spring 2010 MTPS *

brandon7 TN_zone7
14 years ago

Since you guys and gals in middle TN don't have a way to lists your swap offers and requests on your website, maybe you can post them here. By using a single post, it will be much easier for everyone to review what people will be bringing and much less confusing/annoying for the rest of us. If this post is used frequently, it should stay near the top of the first page and be easily findable.

Comments (151)

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

LOL Pat! That's so funny. My mom fostered a Labrador for about a month, and the tags on her irises didn't last long either. :D Fall swap sounds great!

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Wanda, did it give you that message about "You already have a post with this title?" It is weird, because sometimes it does that to me and sometimes not, and it seems totally random. I have to change the subject of posting before it will accept it.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

When Gardenweb won't let you submit a post because you've already posted to the thread, just change the title, for example change the "RE:" to "Re:", and you'll be able to submit the post.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Whoa...neat little hint, brandon. Thanks. =)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

I'm still contemplating coming. I have about 20 seedlings if some type of flower I sowed a few months ago that I forgot the identfication of that i'd bring. ;-) My truck is fixed & i'm regaining my trust in it. Really a good backup plan (in case it craps out again) would solidify my coming there. I'd be so upset if I didn't! Anyway, I'll let y'all know, for sure, sometime next week whether i'll make it or not.

- Steve

P.S. - The "Brandon" method of double posting works! =)

• ladybug37091
    13 years ago

Columbiastock, Are all your currant bushes spoken for? What are you looking for? I hope to keep digging between rains.

• flowersglory
    13 years ago

Hey connietn I would like a lilac verbena, check my list to see if you want anything.

Thanks, Glenda (flowersglory)

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

Ladybugs--Will bring you a currant bush. Do you have a cherry seedling left, that would be nice, :).

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Sure Glenda! I think either forsythia or phlox...what kind are they?

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

Steve- I'd like some garlic if if I have anything you'd want to trade for.

My dad just told me he wants to put monkey grass around his trees... so... I guess if anyone sees anything they want on my list for some monkey grass let me know.

Rebecca

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

connietn- i like that lilac verbena! anything else of mine you might want?

rebecca

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Rebecca, what about some Tradescantia Zebrina? I've been thinking I'd like some of this inside in a pot.

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a compact variety of catmint, like Kit Kat?

• flowersglory
    13 years ago

Connie I have a phlox I think you will like it grows 12 to 16 inches high and lavendar in color.

• ladybug37091
    13 years ago

Columbiastock, putting your name on a cherry seedling. Paperart do you have any red clematis?

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Glenda, that sounds great! Thank you :)

• burwoodbelle
    13 years ago

Ann Schl=I would like to trade Foam Flower&Woodland Fern.
    I have 2 nice of each,I would like Waterlilys&Water cannas.

Glenda-I have Cranes Bill Geranium to trade!

Vel=Iwould love some of your yellow & maroon iris.

Dave=I have Helen Collinwood&Indian Chief Iris also Penstemon Grandiflours.I would like some of each of your
    Sedums.

Jenn F.I have Happy Returns&BlackEyed Stella for the fall
    swap if you want them.Light purple Wisteria now if you want
    it.

MsBatts= I have lots of Lousiana Iris 6 or 7 diff.colors.

dboe=I have Moudry Black Fountain grass if you would like some.

Pat

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

Pat--for your reblooming White Iris, would you have a Louisiana Pink Iris?

Additional Swap Listings:
    Orange Mint Cuttings
    Yellow 2-3ft. Coreopsis
    Numex Peppers
    Cayenne Peppers
    Jimmy Nardello Peppers
    Green Bell Peppers

Will have small to medium planting pots for anyone wanting them, please take, :) !

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Who else is excited? :) Just a few more days to go!

sweetwoodruff: Please look at my list and see if there's anything you want. I'm interested in your Forsythia Lynwood Gold. It sounds like it's a pretty big shrub, so if you'd like to pick 2 or 3 things off my list, please do!

cottagegirl Jenn: White bee balm? I am very intrigued! How tall is it? Do you have another little start you could bring? Is there anything else of mine you'd like?

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Hi all. I think i've finalized a plan to be able to make it to the swap! =) My aunt wants to go. So, i'll probably toss a quart of oil in my truck, put the plants in the bed, drive to her place & she will be driving her truck & be there in case something happens to mine. Yay!!! We gotta find her some awesome shade to partial shade plants for her flower beds. Anyways, i'm now ofically excited that I can make it.

new-gardener123: I'll look to see if I have any garlic left. I think what I did have ended up molding though. If I do still have a bit, it's yours. =)

- Steve

• cottagegirl_tn
    13 years ago

Pat- yes I'd love some blue wisteria. Write me in for the black eyed stella and happy returns for the fall. I'll have lots of roses rooted for fall if you are into that. Refresh my memory on what you wanted from me.
    Connie- I have plenty of white bee balm. It is a mid-size and a nice filler. I'll put you down for some.
    Jenn F.

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

New gardener123--where you wanting a Kerria Japonica (aka, Yellow Rose of Texas) mentioned at the fall swap? If so I have several and would love to swap for some pink yarrow.

Wanda

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Yippee! Thanks Jenn!

• tlfox
    13 years ago

A few more days - yay! Okay, new to the swap this year - so question...

I think I have all of my trades written down from this long list - but I am afraid I may have missed some. Do I just bring an armload, plus what I have on my list, and figure it out when I get there? I feel so unprepared - like I am going to forget something. And what if I see something in the next day or so from way up on the list - is it too late to try to work out a trade (if I have anything to trade with)?

Oh how I wish the MTPS had a site like the ETPS - maybe I could keep up with it better...

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

IÂm very late to this party, but I plan to post my list anyway because I love the idea of bringing things that are already adopted:D IÂm bringing my big blue market canopy again this year, so IÂll be easy to find! Gosh I canÂt wait to see everybody again!!!

~Heather

PS: Before I post my swap list I'd love to add pics to it. I've been reading the instructions but haven't figured out how to do it yet. Any advice?

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

I have finally started my list.Right now it is a partial list,but will have it finished tonight.if I left anyone out please let me know...velvet

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Ok, a few of the plants i'll be bringing (none of which are on my trade list on GW):

*About 10 or so Marigolds grown from seed, some of which are already opening/flowering
    *A handful of tomato plants (Golden Jubilee organic & maybe one or two others)
    *A few various pepper plant seedlings
    *2-3 Russian Sage baby cuttings (rooted already)
    *3 or so Dwarf Pomegranate tree cuttings, already rooted & growing foliage
    *A handful of herb seedlings
    *About 10 or so Iris (unknown heirloom varieties)
    *Probably 1-2 Red Dragon Flower plants (these things multiple like rabbits from cuttings! lol)
    *1-2 sedums
    *Some plants i'll be digging up from my flower & fruit bed that I just won't be able to fit in my new place: Cannas, Gladiolus, maybe 1-2 dolly madisons (in full bloom now), 2 grape plants & several strawberry plants
    *A handful of other various plants i'm forgetting
    *A ton of seeds for veggies, flowers, etc! =)

- Steve

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

tlfox - sometimes you have to read through the list a couple of times to make sure you've noted them all. :) This year I have been keeping up with my trades on my member page. If you click my name, then click "Trade List" (or whatever it says to that effect), it's an up-to-date list of everything I'm bringing, who I'm bringing it for, and what I'm trading for. Every time I make another trade, I just take a minute to open that page and make changes. I'll print it out on Friday and bring it with me to the swap. It's making it a lot easier for me this year!

You can set one up for yourself by clicking on "Member Pages" at the very bottom of this page. Then click "Edit Your Exchange Lists." Very easy.

And no, it's not too late to pre-trade! I remember last year this thread got WILD on the last day, with everyone doing last-minute swaps!

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Here's a link to my trade list:

Here is a link that might be useful: Connie's Trade List

• ladybug37091
    13 years ago

Heathersgarden, If your Joan Sr daylilly is not spoken for I have plenty of lemonbalm if you would like to trade. Rhonda

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Hey Heather, I see you got your list up! :) I have a couple of white beautyberry seedlings. Are you interested? I would like to trade for your grape hyacinths.

Let me know please!

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Oh wait: Heather, one other thing: I just saw you have Silver Dragon Liriope! See anything of mine you'd want for it?

• burwoodbelle
    13 years ago

Hi Heather I would love to trade my Helen Collingwood iris for your rusty colored daylily.

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

Connie, I will have some Tradescantia Zebrina for you for some Lilac Verbena

Steve, thanks for checking on the garlic for me if there is any good ones left. I'd be interested in a Dwarf Pomegranate although I have no idea what to do with it. I can learn! Also in grapes and strawberries. I like things that I can eat. Glad you will be able to make it this weekend and are bringing someone new as well!

Wanda, yellow rose of texas for pink yarrow sounds good!

-Rebecca

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

flowersglory- see anything of mine you would want for foxglove, phlox, mophead hydrangea, and lacecap hydrangea?

rebecca

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

rootygirl, anything of mine you would want for a toad lilly?

rebecca

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

Jen- you are the one who paints the rocks, right? I have a random question to ask you. Could you email me at rebeccaajacobs@hotmail.com? Thanks

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

Palmetto-gardener, i'd trade for lamb's ear (woundwort)
    lunaria (money plant), variegated vinca, lily of valley (white) if i have anything you are interested in.

rebecca

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

Velsgarden- I'd like some lamb's ear, cinnamon basil, columbine, false sunflower if you see anything of mine you are interested in

april- i am getting into sedums and would like to get any i can this weekend!

sweetwoodruff- zebra mallow! i got some last spring and loved it. it was beautiful for several weeks and then suddenly died.

heather- oh, so much i want! not sure if i have anything of interest to you (my mom does have lemon balm), but here goes... strawberries, CaitlinÂs Giant Ajuga, sedums, Tovara ÂPainterÂs PaletteÂ, Tovara ÂPainterÂs Palette , liriope (for my dad), and i will stop there.

Update of what I have-
    -sedum- aututmn joy
    -sedum- Sedum Acre Groundcover also known as Goldmoss Stonecrop, Goldmoss Sedum, Biting Stonecrop or Wallpepper.
    -chocolate mint
    -mint
    -oregano
    -ivy
    -wandering jew- Tradescantia pallida
    -wandering jew- Tradescantia zebrina
    -cosmos
    -iris (could bring white, yellow, a few shades of purple)
    -daylillies
    -hyacinth bean pod vine
    -bee balm (not sure the color)
    -yarrow (pink)
    -rose of sharon
    -obedient flower (purple)
    -canna bulbs
    -purple thrift
    -black eyed susans
    -primrose
    -spider plant (houseplant)
    -green houseplant- don't know what it is
    -sweet basil seedlings
    -MAYBE key lime basil seedling! fingers crossed!

Rebecca

• tlfox
    13 years ago

thanks Connie - off to set up my trade page...and then come back to view what everyone is bringing... :D

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

new-gardener123 - I've put your name on lamb's ear, lunaria, variegated vinca, and white lily of valley.
    I'd like cosmos, bee balm, wandering jew zebrina,and purple thrift.

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

new-gardener-I would love some purple thrift and what kind of daylilies do you have
    I will bring lambs ear,cinn basil,columbine, and false sunflower for you

• columbiajen
    13 years ago

new-gardener123 I am the one with the painted rocks. I sent you an email.

My list of haves for the swap is as follows:
    -black and blue salvia
    -hellebore
    -grape hyacinths
    -monkey grass
    -snow drop bulbs
    -paper white bulbs
    -hyacinth bean vine
    -2 Easter lilies
    -Orange Asiatic lilies
    -1 blue hosta
    -orange "Ditch" daylilies
    -several painted rocks (most look like lady bugs)

Garden blessings,
    Jennifer

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

columbiajen- i think you emailed me and it went to my junk folder and i deleted it without realizing it. can you email me again? thanks!
    rebecca

• columbiajen
    13 years ago

Just sent you another email Rebecca!

Jennifer

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Hey columbiajen, would you like something of mine for some grape hyacinths? Click on my name, then "See My Trade List." Thanks!

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

I just noticed we are three posts away for reaching the limit on this thread. When it's full, we can move the party to Wanda's/columbiastock's "Second Posting" thread. :)

• columbiajen
    13 years ago

Connie will set aside some grape hyacinths for you. If still available Caryopteris, Blue Butterflies sounds neat if not just let me know.

Garden Blessings,
    Jennifer

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

I still have it Jennifer - very good choice! I am really interested to see what it does too. :)

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Well - looks like the weather is going to be great...but the sinkhole on I24 is going to put a kink in my travels to the swap. Time to dig out a map for a backroad travel to the park...

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus