Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have any extra plants near Murfreesboro?

Posted by decohouse 6b-7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 18, 09 at 23:52

I was wondering if anyone had any extra tomato or pepper plants near Murfreesboro. I wasn't able to get any started this year due to having surgery on my hand and not being able to do much with it (and fearful of getting it dirty).

Do you think it's way too late to start some now? I know they'd be either really really late getting out in the garden or super small when I put them out, but I'd be willing to chance it.

I could just buy some, but was hoping for some heirloom tomatoes and peppers of name, not just generic Walmart varieties. I have lots of seed, but just didn't get them planted.

Thanks,
Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have any extra plants near Murfreesboro?

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 19, 09 at 10:45

You might want to go by Home Depot and see what they have. Last year, our Home Depot had many varieties including some heirlooms.

You would miss a good chunk of the season if you started tomatoes by seed this late.

o

Carol: I have quite a few extra pepper plants this year & maybe one or two tomato plants I could give you. The peppers are Jalapeno Early Organic & Serrano. They are still kind of small (3-4 inches tall & 4-8 leaves), but starting the "take-off" stage and will be a good size come early May when they'd need to go in the ground. I can give you one San Marzano Organic & one Early Girl Hybrid tomato plant. They are about 5 inches tall right now and should be a good foot or more tall in a few weeks when they're ready to go outside. I live in Hermitage, but work in LaVergne, I could bring them to work and you can stop by & pick them up. Just let me know.

- Steve

o

Steve,
Thanks so much! What hours do you work? Hubby comes to LaVergne every other Friday to pick up his son. Is usually there about 4 I think. Or if you work weekends, I'm off and could come by.
Carol

o

deco: Sorry I haven't responded yet. I caught a pretty bad allergy-based cold this past weekend. I can probably give you 1 or 2 pepper plants. They are popular & going fast...lol. I can give you a San Marzano Organic tomato plant & an Early Girl Hybrid tomato plant also. I'll have to check and see what else I have available as I don't quite remember right now...lol...probably have medicine head. =) Anyways, it may not be much, but it will be a good start! Your hubby can swing by my work this Friday to pick up the plants, if that's ok with you. ttyl...

- Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here