Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandsquid

GardenWeb's MidSouth Fall Swap 01NOV2008

sandsquid
15 years ago

What's missing from this picture of Memphis Swap 1.0???

{{gwi:1279847}}

YOU!!!!

Who? Anybody

What? Anything gardening related

Where? 6050 Summer Ave. Memphis, TN

When? Saturday, the 1st of November.

Why? Clean out your planting beds and garden sheds. Enjoy the fruits of our labors, socialize, network, etc.

If I did this correctly, you can R.S.V.P. by clicking on the button below.

Feel free to invite your friends, co-workers, neighbors, spouse, main squeeze, baby-momma, etc. The more people the greater variety of stuff we will have, and most importantly, the less of you own stuff you need to cart back home!

We have over 5 acres of space for plants and parking, so Don't be shy! we _will_ have a place for you!

As usual, a pancake breakfast will be served by the host.

And of course, our famous Pot-Luck luncheon!

Comments (19)

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

Will be there with bells on!!!!!!!!!

• leighmac
    15 years ago

Me too!!

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Im marking my calender.

Mary

• zipdude
    15 years ago

I didn't think GardenWeb sponsored local swaps.

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

It is for all of the West Tn group. Just like the MPS that is going on now.

• sandsquid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I called it such because most of the folks in attendance "met" each other here. And Mid-South encompasses Western TN, NE Arkansas, SW Missouri, NW Mississippi, N Alabama, and sometimes even SW Kentucky

• sandsquid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just got home from the Church Council meeting... The motion I made to host a Fall Plant-Swap / Harvest Festival / Social Gathering / Whateveryoucallit on 01NOV2008 at Good Shepherd U.M.C. 6050 Summer Ave. Memphis, TN 38134 carried unanimously!

We are OFFICIAL!!!!

• leighmac
    15 years ago

John, if I recall, your Pastor was very glad to have us for the Fall Festival. I am certain it was because you made breakfast! One of the best ways into anyone's good graces. I am grateful for the invitation back and I look forward to the event. Thank you for being such a great liaison/ambassador for us and for your church.

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

John in the old days Spike would have absolutely had a freakin' cow over that subject heading!!! This thread would have been jerked right off of GW in a New York minute and you would have been forwarded to the Disneyland website every time you tried to logon to GW for at least a week as punishment. :-)

Actually he (or she) would pull a thread if it had anything to do with a plant swap. A lot of times we could get by him (or her) by going over to the "blue" (Exchange) page which was never monitored that much.

My how times have changed here in the last 8 or 9 years!

IÂm making the assumption that with that username you were Navy in Desert Storm. Am I correct?
    Regardless, a big HooYa for the yeomanÂs work you are doing for the West TN folks in bringing a swap to Mempho!!!
    IÂll be more than happy to help you in any way I can so donÂt ever hesitate to ask.
    My nephew is Team 2, Troop 3, Foxtrot  PO1 BUDÂs Class 264.
    God Bless The Teams!

Jeff

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

• sandsquid
    Original Author
    15 years ago

>I IÂm making the assumption that with that username you were Navy in Desert Storm.

I am currently Navy, recently returned from OIF/OEF.
    Will probably be back in The Sandbox sooner that later.

>God Bless The Teams!

Indeed, God bless them all.

--
    One team, one fight

• atokadawn
    15 years ago

You rock John! Great going on getting us set up again! I adore the church group, they are a great bunch, had a blast last time. I hope everyone joins us this fall!

• judydean
    15 years ago

Sign me up! I missed the last one because of illness and was just wondering what I was going to do with all those named daylilies that need dividing. Now I know!! Also will have named iris and some other perennials that are out of their space as well as cute garden 'stuff' that I just can't resist. I went to a plant swap about 5 years ago in Jonesboro sponsored by Butterfly Ranch and it was great. I'm looking forward to meeting some other Memphis area gardeners.

• leighmac
    15 years ago

Judydean,
    I am so sorry you were unwell for our first swap! Particularly because I am a Daylily Addict. "Named", you say? I already have a craving for your daylilies! I am eager to meet you and if there is anything I can do to assist you this fall, let me know (ulterior motives aside). All very much tongue in cheek,you know!

• krista_52
    15 years ago

I'm in also - thanks John!

God Bless You and all who serve/have served on this Memorial Day!

• msjacki
    15 years ago

Count me in too!

judydean........the Butterfly Ranch?? How is Nancy Ann doing? I believe she was the very first plant trade I had here on GW.....what an amazing trade that was!

• judydean
    15 years ago

Msjacki, I have lost contact with her but it was my first plant swap (and only) and I had a ball! Looking forward to meeting this group in person. And Leighmac, I do indeed mean named daylilies! Will bring you lots!

• sjackwheat
    15 years ago

Uh um, Hello, Tipton County here.....again. LOL! Did I hear, "NAMED" Daylillies and Irises. I can hardly wait!!! Count me there too, but this time with my recipe written on index cards....teehee. Jackie

• judydean
    15 years ago

I am trying to clean house a little and have a couple of dozen garden magazines that I was going to throw out. You know, the kind you see in the checkout line at the supermarket in the Spring and can't resist the pictures and the stories (i.e. "Make your backyard glow this year with these perennials!"). Well, if there is any interest, I'll be glad to recycle these into someone else's closet at the swap.

• leighmac
    15 years ago

JudyDean, great idea! I just borrowed a few Fine Gardening Mags from a friend to peruse while waiting out the heat. My gardening buddy and I went to Rita Randolph's Greenhouse today. As soon as my computer savvy teen shows me how to upload pics and post them here, I will share my adventure with you all.

Sponsored