Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rain and drought and rot

Posted by behaviorkelton 7-ish (My Page) on
Fri, May 8, 09 at 10:05

So when does all this rain become a problem?

Gosh, things seem so darn wet, wet, wet. I've heard that Crape Myrtles, for example, don't like to have their feet wet for too long.

This is the most rain I've ever seen day after day without any drying period in between.

I am very happy with some aspects of the rain. For instance, most of the rain has been of the slow and steady rather than gushing downpours. This, I'm guessing, allows the rain to seep into the soil rather than move immediately into the storm drain system.

I'm also guessing that steady slow rains are better for our years of drought status for the same reason. Right?

BK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rain and drought and rot

For us the problem now is rotting and washing the seeds planted. Also noticed my Iris are turning yellow, they do not like wet feet. Roses blooming beautiful but the foliage looks terrible. More rain expected tonight and all day tomorrow, hopefully the forcast is wrong. If the temperatures climb up into the 80's next week, then we may see fungus mold .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here