Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swap thoughts

Posted by ladybug37091 z7 Tennessee (My Page) on
Sun, May 17, 09 at 10:32

Heydee everybody,
The spring swap was a blast! I love this gig. Where else have you seen such a large, diverse group of people having such a great time on the cheap? The newbies I met this spring are such nice folks. From the feedback I'm seeing, they will be back for more. I introduced a few new people and they are hooked. There were familiar faces there that I love to see. Good friends are like the air you breath. Don't you think so? I did not get around to hanging with everybody I wanted to. It seemed whirlwind fast this year for some reason. I met several lurkers that I really enjoyed. They said they did not have much to say but we had good conversation. lol. Norm and Barb, I was so happy to see you! I will make my way to the mater mansion when things settle down here. That group of Bon Aqua folks, I would like to visit there too. My Aunt Mae sure enjoyed the big mtps welcome. She said to thank everybody because she had a ball. She sure burned a path all over that park for a 78 year old woman. I have heard that people may not remember things you have said to them but they never forget how you made them feel. Y'all fill my heart with joy and fond memories. I had several people offer a helping hand to me. I am greatful and will be calling on you. I have huge shoes to fill and will probably step in stank a few times over. I will do my best not to disappoint. Rhonda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swap thoughts

Rhonda, thanks for posting that, and for taking on the job of director. I love everything you wrote.

Sometimes when I join a group of people for the first time, I feel a little shy or awkward, and it can feel like it will take some time to "break in" to the clique. That was what I was taken with about this group. Everyone was SO friendly and welcoming. Just lots of very good, down-to-earth (pun!) people who were very comfortable to be around. :)

Gardeners are good folks!

o

Amen! And "Huzzah" for Rhonda. :-)

o

April --- I'm gonna second that Amen !!

Rhonda-- I know that you'll do an incredible job and we will support you all the way. Anything you need just holler!! And you're right--seeing Norm and Barbara just made my Day too !!
Your Aunt Mae is a true delight--I hope she'll come back again.

To Connie and all the other first time plant swappers, It was wonderful to meet you ---I hope you all made some great trades, met new friends, ate (and brought) some great food. I hope you will all be back and thank you for joining our little family.

Lastly to Jeff,
I don't have words to tell you how much I appreciate all your efforts that you have given to us and the MTPS !! You might not be standing on a picnic table anymore, but you'll always be at the heart of the MTPs along with Jan and Mona.

o

Rhonda, first of all I wear an 8 1/2 3E so they aren't big at all and you won't have any problem filling those whatsoever! :-)
Secondly, you'll do great because we have great people to work with and you love this event just as much as the rest of us.

Connie, Lavonne said that your daughter's compliment that she "rocks" was the best one she's ever had! She's said that Olivia was so sweet and helpful. Lavonne was very impressed that she has her OWN garden.

April, I'll cop to talking during the lectures and it is a bad habit on my part. I try to get far enough away that it isn't a distraction. I'm sorry. It's just that I end up with a full belly after Lunch and I've usually only had 3-4 hours of sleep the night before (at best) so when I sit down I'm VERY susceptible to nodding-off and snoring so I get up and walk around to chat so I can stay awake. That won't be a problem from now on though!
I echo your "Hurray for Rhonda"!

Mrs. Raynes, stop; you're making me blush!

o

Jeff: Don't forget your phone call during the introduction. ;)

Photobucket

o

Jeff, That was my daughter that said Lavonne Rocks! You should have heard her on the phone yesterday telling all her little friends about the swap. She had such a great time!

Blessings,
Jennifer

o

• Posted by dlhl z6 TN (My Page) on
    Mon, May 18, 09 at 11:13

I'm trying really hard to remember everybody. Which ones were Norm and Barb?

o

They were set up right beside Lavonne and I. They're sweetest people on the face of God's Green Earth.

o

Rhonda,

Being the new Swap Nazi won't interfere with the ribs will it?

They were better this year than ever. Thanks!!!

Evelyn

o

Evelyn, I'm glad you liked the ribs. I thought folks might be getting tired of them. Next spring calls for a larger pot of them.

o

HA! Never get tired of the ribs. I think I got the last remaining pieces in the pot this year.

Rebecca

o

Ribs? There were ribs?! AND I MISSED THEM?!

Darn plants - I knew I should have just gone on when Jeff told me to!!

o

april: Yea...they went as fast as the fried chicken. ;-)

o

April, see that's what happens when you don't listen to your elders young lady! And you accuse ME of yapping too much??? Puleeeeez!!! (Tim says I can talk the horns off a goat but then again, he hasn't met you either.)

All I got was a taste of the rib sauce. The ribs were gone and so was the fried chicken (my favorite food). I had no meat at all for lunch. That's part of the bummer about being Director is that you always seem to end up last in line with nothing left but the scraps. Well that ain't happening no more to me!!!

Bec we need to do a registration list for food on the website that is interactive somehow. But I reckon that's up to you and our new MTPS Director, Ramrod Rhonda. :-)

o

I just wrote a blog about the swap and all the good information I got there. Check it out on the link below. I had soooo much fun and got a ton of plants - still trying to get them all in the ground. I'll be back in the fall if God is willing and the creek don't rise. LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Tips

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Thu, May 21, 09 at 9:04

"Bec we need to do a registration list for food on the website that is interactive somehow. But I reckon that's up to you and our new MTPS Director, Ramrod Rhonda. :-)"

I've been telling you guys that you need a swap forum. Check out the one at the ETPS website, linked below. We even have a section for food!

Here is a link that might be useful: ETPS Website Swap Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here