Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Velvet/Velsgarden: Dolly Madison Lily

Posted by tn_veggie_gardner 7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 24, 10 at 12:50

I didn't end up cutting the flowers off the one I have left because one of the petals fell off one of the three flowers it has/had open and I wanted whatever I brought Emily to be perfect (bought her a dozen pink roses...she loved them!). Anyway, I feel bad for not knowing the two I should have had left snuck off while I was unloading the truck, so I couldn't give one to you. I don't remember where you live, but if you want this one (they are Perennials, btw...I just figured that out yesterday...lol), I'd be happy to meet you somewhere to give it to you. =) I have to dig it up soon, one way or another. If you don't take it, I will have to give it away to someone probably. Let me know.

- Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Velvet/Velsgarden: Dolly Madison Lily

Hey Steve,Im glad Emily loved her roses.Dont worry about me not getting one at the swap.I should have spoke up sooner.I would really love to have one,but I live close to Henry Horton so that might be hard for you to meet me halfway since you have have had so much truck trouble.Im wondering could you pot it up until fall.I know it will die back,but not sure how long bulb would last in the pot.Maybe someone will chime in with advice.bth where is it that you live?

o

I live way up in Tennessee Yankee land...lol. Hermitage. I imagine it would do fine until the Fall in a container, if the container is big enough. I have a handful of 5 gallon nursery pots left. One of them would probably be fine. The little 1 gallon pots I had them in for the swap were obviously a very short term, teporary thing. Did the usual, like most people do, dig it up, throw in a pot, toss some handfulls of soil on it & water. I guess we'll wait a day or so to see if anyone chimes in about the bulb staying alive in the container & then go from there.

- Steve

o

Steve, if you end up bringing some things to keep in my place i could find a place for the lilly to hang out in the ground until the fall swap if that would be better.

Rebecca

o

new-gardener123--I noticed you were wanting some orange mint. Sorry, I did not get back to the swap thread Saturday morning. I have you several cuttings that I will root and plant for you. Will hold until the Fall Swap.

Hope OK with Velvet & Steve to post, Thanks ;).

Wanda

o

thanks wanda! i meant to see if you had any cuttings and i got so wrapped up i forgot!

o

Wanda: That'll be $5 for thread posting, please. Just kidding! ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here