columbiastock
13 years ago

Sure Connie, Coreopsis Pink for you,:)!

Comments (116)

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sandy, I would love the goat poo! Let me know what you want from my list, on My page & extra's on this thread.

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Connie - your forsythia is potted - I think this is a 3 gallon pot. See here - I cut these things back hard in the fall because they are like weeds in Chattanooga - so it's gonna look a little small, but it's got big wood at the base and thick roots - so it will probably go crazy over the summer for you. I also dug up two more seedlings to it if you want them - otherwise they are up for grabs if anyone wants them.

Joe - Indian Touch Me Not Seeds - yes, I still have some and I have some out for you.

Okay - back to pulling up iris.

The swap starts at 9 CST right?

And - one last question - will anyone be available to help me set up a tent? My mom and I can't be in the sun a whole lot and it just seems to be easier to take it and set it up. Depending on the day - some days I can do it, and some days I can't. So I thought I would ask now, in case tomorrow is a rough day.

Thanks all - I am so excited! I probably won't sleep much tonight - too much to get ready. Oh, and I have a chocolate cake to bake too! And tomato pie - oh, my - back to work!! Have a great afternoon everyone!!

• sandyl
    13 years ago

Columbiastock / Ms.Wanda. I'll have a bag of poo for you dear. I don't know what i want until I maybe see it. See ya tomorrow. Connie We can talk poo tomorrow. I think I traded with you last fall and I got a nelly moser from you, but I might be wrong. If so she's growing and doing well along with my other 15 clem's. Yes I love Clematis's, So if you have any clem's at the swap we can maybe trade poo for a clem. See ya tomorow.Sandy

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Dave,i will bring dwarf crepe myrtle seedlings for you.

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

MARI5SUE - I have the iris for you.

TNGREENTHUMB - have wisteria for you.

Everyone else - check my list to be sure I have you listed if we've made a swap

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Dave,do you have enough red twig dogwood that i could get one?

• Dave Townsend
    13 years ago

Sure do Vel! I'll save one for you.

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Sandy, I don't have any clematis (cuttings didn't root). Come to my table tomorrow and pick something out!

Late addition from Mom: Two big torch lilys, blooming right now, gorgeous. Call 'em while you can!

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Would love a touch lily! I will have a pink bleeding heart bringing also. Let me know what you would like?

• mspam
    13 years ago

TLFOX: Tiffany, thanks for the welcome. Sure, I'll try a mystery plant and a gardenia since I have very little. Thanks!

PALMETTO GARDENER: Judy, I'd like some Lamb's Ear if you have any left. Thanks for the offer!

I have mostly sun and want to do a cottage type garden, but no veggies. I'm a single, mature gal (mature is a euphemism for old) who doesn't cook much anymore. I'd rather have flowers to cut than stuff to eat. :-)

Pam

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandy and Connie--I have two clematis that I can take cuttings from if either of you would like them. I have never tried the clematis cutting.

Duchess of Edinburgh Beginning to Bloom Now--Double White
    Asao--Bloomed Spring & Late Summer if slightly pruned--Wide, dark pink, yellow anters

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Wanda, Torch Lily for you! How about Moonbeam Coreopsis? Or, second choice, Clara Curtis?

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

tlfox: I'm pretty sure we have one of those covered picnic dealies rented for the day.

Everyone else: I'm gonna try my dangdest to find some time to dig up the grape plants, strawberry plants, cannas, gladiolus, dolly madisons, etc. from my flower & fruit bed, but with it raining yesterday afternoon & probably this afternoon, I may not get to all of them (since I may have to do the digging at about 6 am tomorrow...lol). So, my priorities will be the grape plants, strawberries & bigger flowers (cannas, glads, dollies), in that order.

- Steve

• flowersglory
    13 years ago

Sandy can I get a bag of goat poo?
    Thanks, Glenda (flowersglory)

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Connie, Sure will tag the Moonbeam, but will have Clara Curtis there also, THANKS :) !!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Heathersgarden: I found the Purple Passion Fruit seeds while pulling a bunch of others out. =) I'll bring them for you.

- Steve

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Tiffany: The forsythia sounds awesome! I have your stuff all ready, including Black Knight cuttings. :)

• mari5us
    13 years ago

Connie
    Can I have one of your torch lilies?
    Thanks Marianne

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

JOE / TNGREENTHUMB I have plenty of the sedum I collected seeds for the last couple years. Ill make you a nice big bag so you can make successive plantings and have it blooming all year:) I would love to have a melon kisses brugmansia!

PAM / MSPAM Im so glad you decided to come to the swap! Youll be able to stock up for your new garden (and every garden NEEDS lambs ear right?) and youll be unloading empty pots. I started a small herb business for my local farmers market, and I need pots probably more than I need new plants!

TIFFANY / TLFOX Yay! One of everything coming up! I saw on your list that youre full up on purple iris, so I was planning bringing my yellow and white ones for you. Just lemme know if either of my purple irises appeals to you after all, and anything specific you want me to reserve for you before I run out. And a driveway lined with Mex Bamboo what a FAB idea! You are the first person Ive met (or will meet) who grows this, and it sounds like youve grown it a lot longer than I have. Hopefully well get a chance to chat at the swap; Id love to gain some insight into how it behaves long-term. And "Crazy Plant Ladies in Training " You are such a hoot! Cant wait to meet you!

PS: I plan to show up extra early to set up my blue canopy and hopefully help out with the overall set-up, so I will be happy to help you set your tent up too, Tiffany.

MARIANNE / MAI5US What color are your turks caps lilies? I could use peachy to pink or white. I think I want a bridal wreath spiraea cutting any chance you have a botanical name or pic for yours?

JUDY / PALMETTO GARDENER I have you down for sedum and hibiscus seeds. I hope you didnt reserve too much of the lily of the valley for me, because my tropicanna bulb is rather small; so far it is the sole survivor of this past winter.

VELVET / VELSGARDEN Im wondering if anyone else has spoken up for your nicotiana seedlings yet(fingers crossed)

STEVE / TNGARDENER I emailed you with my list of swap candidates, I sure hope some of them will suit your new situation. Lemme know : ) WooHoo on finding the passionfruit seeds I hope theyre as tasty as they are pretty. Thanks again for your generous sharing!

EVERYBODY - Ive updated my trade lists; lemme know if I missed anybody. Ive still got several things still available:
    All the seeds
    Tradescantias, seedlings, mix pink and purples
    Lysimachia, purple leaf, 4 seedling pots
    Strawberries, plants in a bag
    Caitlins Giant ajuga, plants in a bag
    Sedums, hardy groundcover types, planted four different kinds in each pot, 8 available
    Sedums, tender mix of jellybean, donkeytail, starfish cactus etc, four kinds to a pot, 8 available
    Angelina sedum, 6" pots, 4 available
    Tovara, 6 seedling pots
    All irises
    Lemon and rose scented geraniums, 1 of each still available
    Mexican Bamboo, 3 small seedling pots
    Pink groundcover yarrow

My ridiculously optimistic wish list has also been updated. Still looking for: Fig cuttings, Garlic varieties,
    Persimmon dwarf would be best, but wild would be cool too, Lemon Grass, Canna Constitution,
    Pink Catmint - like Walkers Low but more pink/ lavender rather than periwinkle blue,
    Tradescantia 'Bilberry Ice'Spiderwort
    Leucojum - Summer snowflake/ Mountain Tears, bulbs
    Iris 'Childhood Wish', Softly, Crafted, Disguise
    Bloodroot Sanguinaria canadensis
    'Illustris' Elephant ear
    Calla aethiopica 'Green Goddess' and a bunch of other super fancy stuff : )

Now I just gotta cook something up for the grand eat-fest that follows a good swap!
    ~Heather

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Hey Marianne, I have a swap pending on the other torch lily...if she doesn't want it, I'll let you know! :)

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Steve, I thought they might, but I thought I would put one up at our table. the meds that I take make me extremely photosensitive...so I have to be very careful.

columbiastock...I hope I saw right...bleeding heart? if you didn't find a home for it yet, would you like to trade a trailing yellow ice plant for it?

connie - torch lily...is that the same as red hot poker plant? if so, and you still have one...could I trade you one for a....um, let me see....how about a trailing pink ice or an upright fuscia ice plant?

I wasn't going to part them out yet, but by the end of summer, you won't ever be able to tell that I touched them.

• ladybug37091
    13 years ago

This is what I have going on trade wise so far. I have cherry tree seedlings going to the following people- Heathersgarden, tnveggiegardner, connietn, newgardner123, Jeffs buddy Tim, columbiastock. Vel did you want a cherry seedling too? I was interested in red crepe myrtle and dwarf crepe myrtle but you did not respond. lmk. I have coming from the following people- heathersgarden joan sr daylilly, tnveggiegardner glad bulbs, connietn red and sugar plum buddleia, flowersglory spice bush for yarrow, columbiastock current bush. I have dug some more things but really dont have time to do any more pretrading. If you are on my cherry seedling list please come to my table as early as you can so you get first dibs. I am hoping to bring home salvias and other bee friendly plants, long bloomers, flowering shrubs. Ok Im totally geeked but need to be busy preparing for my daughters graduation tonight so see yall tomorrow! Woot!

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Heather, I am sure your iris are not like mine. these have been around 40+ years (the lilac ones) and the royal purple ones came from the family farm (had been there at least 60 years from the pics I have dated). They are not the fancy hybrids, just pretty purple "hello, it's springtime" colors. You know the type.
    I like them all, water iris, spring, fall, reblooming, dutch, beardies, japanese....you name it...I love them.
    And you are killing me...what else can I bring ya? you want an sample of my three ice plants? How about a red hen? And yeah...we should just set our tents up together so we can gab. See you in the morning!!

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Hey Rhonda,thought I got back to you.Yes i would like a cherry tree seedling.I have you the crepe myrtles

Heather,the nicotania are yours and the white campion.

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago

tlfox--Pink Bleeding Heart for the Yellow Trailing Ice Plant is great. Will also have your orange mint cuttings (smells so good) for Sedum Pink. Bob and I can help with your tent if not already up, :) !

Wanda

• sandyl
    13 years ago

Columbiastock I'll probably not have any luck with a cutting from your D Of E. I really don't have the patients for dending to a cutting enough to see weather it survives or not. I already have an Asao. Don't take a cutting from your D of E and maybe we can talk tomorrow about seeing if you can maybe lay a vine of it down and cover it and see if you can get it to take root and then maybe you could bring the rooted section to the fall plant swap for me. I layered my Asao and got it to take root and I gave my mom Pat >Burwoodbelle a Asao from my parent plant and it bloomed for her this year and is doing great. Sandy

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Heathersgarden: I rarely properly receive e-mails through GardenWeb. They're e-mailed system is wicked messed up for me! =) Feel free to send it to my work e-mail directly, stephen.boutin@lightningsource.com, or just post in here. Thanks! =)

ladybug: I did remember about the Gladiolus bulbs. I have a bag of 15 or so for you. =) Mine have already come up in my flower garden & are getting big! Since it looks to have cleared up this afternoon, i'm gonna jet a few minutes early if I can sneak out & try to dig up as much as I can to bring to the swap. Since i'm moving soon & probably can't take much, I want to give them to fellow gardeners I know will take good care of them. My point being. maybe i'll have an already growing Gladiolus or two for ya also. =)

tlfox: Ok, sorry, I didn't know. I'm sure they will save you a table in the middle of the covered thing we have.

I'm getting excited...Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow & to meet the new people! New people, be prepared to be loaded down with thousands of plants...lol. It's my turn to give away much more than I take home with me. Muahahahaha! =)

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Oh and Wanda, thanks for the offer of Clematis cuttings, but I didn't have much luck with the cuttings either. I think they are a little finicky. :)

I am exhausted! I've been out all day digging, labeling and organizing pots. Phew! Glad I took the day off - I needed it to get everything ready!

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Oh and Rhonda...I think you may have gotten me on your cherry tree seedling list by mistake :p Just so you know that's one extra for you to trade!

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

Heather,
    Let me know if you are interested in trading for some zinnias and/or yellow lantana.
    Sandyl,
    Let me know if you have any goat poo left! WOuld you like to trade a plant or 2?
    Thanks,
    Rooty

• mari5us
    13 years ago

Wanda- I'll bring you some turks cap lilies -mine are the orange with black dots/spots. Do you have any more pink bleeding heart or cannas or b&B salvia or the pink or yellow coreopsis. Just let me what ever you have to trade -See you in the morning. :)
    Marianne

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Steve - no worries - I garden under a tent too. LOL - the things you do to play with the plants.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

tlfox: I understand! lol...I don't know how I do it sometimes, with 2 bad hips, both needing hip replacements. =)

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

I just loaded up the car and realized, 2/3 of my stuff is pre-trades. :) I like to do pre-trades. So much easier than running back and forth!

For anyone looking for me tomorrow who doesn't know me: Long blonde hair, mid-40s, pink button-up shirt.

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marianne--I'll swap both pink & yellow coreopsis or a bag of Black and Blue Salvia. The salvia I will dig if you want them. They need dividing up!!! Let me know, :).

Wanda

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

TLFOX Ice plants yeah! But the red hen, sadly my husband says I cant bring home a chicken :p If its the kind of hen that doesnt need to be house broken, then definitely Yeah!

VELSGARDEN Thanks Darlin! You made my day!

STEVE check your email ;)

ROOTYGIRL If I have time Ill try and reserve your seeds, otherwise Ill have plenty at the swap.

Look for me under the blue canopy. Ill be wearing a straw hat, long sleeves, and probably muddy jeans.

~Heather

• mari5us
    13 years ago

Wanda-- black and blue salvia is great. Thank you.
    Marianne

• sandyl
    13 years ago

Ok 6 bags of goat poo coming to the swap !
    Paperart >For Peggy Martin Rose
    Connietn
    Columbiastock /Ms Wanda
    Flowerglory / Glenda
    Rootygirl
    Not sure what I'll be swapping for but thats the fun part. It will be a suprise.. Sandy

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

Sandy, I'll try to find you early so you will have a good choice. :)

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

HOLY CRAP! Haha...I did not know I had sooo many plants. I didn't even get to dig up the grape plants & kept about everything I might have the remote chance of taking with me when I move, yet I still will probably be almost completely filling the back of my pickup truck! =)

Huge pots on left are garlic...there's 10 or so Iris, 5 Dolly Madisons, a pot full of Gladiolus (looks like thick grass on right (in front), all of my strawberry bed (5 pots full of those huge things), another container of strawberries, bee balm, caryopteris (sp?), red dragon flower, dwarf pom tree cuttings with growth, tons of peppers herbs & other flowers! Plus, i'll be bringing a good bit of seeds & some other odds and ends. Yay swap!

I had to take this one from 20 feet back. This will literally fill the back of my truck...lol.

The wee ones (herbs, marigolds & such).

- Steve

• tlfox
    13 years ago

Okay - van is almost packed.

If you have pretrades with me - I'll be the one in a walking cast under the white tent near Heather's blue tent.

See you all in the morning!!

• columbiastock
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marianne--Have you a bag full of Black & Blue Salvia, Thanks!!

Steve--:), what can I say, you truly are a gardener!! Way To Go!!!

Gone Night-Night, Be Safe, See All Of You In The Morning.

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

so excited! i have been digging and potting and labeling since i got home from work. then when it got dark i came inside and have been reading and reviewing on here!

columbiastock- could i have some orange mint cuttings? i "borrowed" some orange mint and chocolate mint cuttings from the missouri botanical gardens last june but the orange didn't make the drive back to nashville. by the way, everyone needs to go to the botanical gardens in st louis. it is beyond amazing. mtps field trip!

steve- i have some ivy for you and mint and oregano. i have a bunch of chocolate mint. i consider it to be awesome since i stole it from the missouri botanical gardens. you are welcome to one if you'd like. i think i am going to have some key lime basil which is about my favorite thing ever, but not big enough to bring yet. if they make it i'll hopefully have some in the fall or can meet you with some before then. it smells so good. i was told when i bought it (in st louis at the soulard farmers market) that it is fantastic in key lime ice cream and on fish. i mostly just smelled it just about every time i stepped foot outside last summer.

heather- i have a solomon's seal for you. the mexican bamboo interests me... and the scented geraniums as well. everything you have interests me! i'll probably just wander by your tent a lot tomorrow toward the wrapping up phase and see what kind of stragglers you want to donate. i saw those purple flash peppers at cheeckwood last fall. maybe i can get there some and find them and borrow some seeds.

columbiajen- i have some red cannas i am bringing. at least i think they are red. let me know if you want some.

mspam- i have a lot of things not yet claimed. i am still fairly new to gardening myself and love to take the leftovers people don't want to take back home at the end of the swap.

i second tiffany- what is on heather's list that i don't want! i was the same way at the fall swap. i kept finding myself back at heather's tent even when i tried to stay away. it was like a magnetic field! i was drawn to her lovely plants and lovely conversation and gardening tips! and her hat was awesome, too. i actually got way more into herbs after talking with you last fall, heather. can i join the crazy plant lady in training club?!?!

connie, heather, and steve always have so much i feel greedy when reading their lists! my goal is to be like you guys someday! i work for the school system and have one week until a 2 month break from work, so this summer i am going to spend a lot of time organizing and taking pictures of my yard stuff so i can show off better next year, and hopefully remember what i have better as well.

see you all tomorrow morning!!! can't wait!!!
    rebecca

i second tiffany- what is on heather's list that i don't want! i was the same at the fall. i kept finding myself back at heather's tent even when i tried to stay away. i was drawn to her lovely plants and lovely conversation and gardening tips! i actually got way more into herbs after talking with you last fall, heather.

mspam- i have a lot of things not yet claimed. i am still fairly new to gardening myself and love to take the leftovers people don't want to take back home at the end of the swap.

• conniemcghee
    13 years ago

"i consider it to be awesome since i stole it from the missouri botanical gardens."

That cracked me up! :D

I'm all packed, labeled, lists checked and cross-checked and ready to go. The station wagon is full to the gills. Mom is coming with me. I've been looking forward to this for months! See everyone tomorrow!

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

just wondering how many people here are on the middle tenneessee plant swap facebook page? i think it said there are 20 or 21 people on there.

- rebecca

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

I never knew there was one! =) Stephen Boutin, if you want to add me. I gotta get up wicked early like most others, so off to sleep I go. Goodnight & see y'all bright & early!

- Steve

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Steve.are those pink lilies in your pic?And are they up for grabs

• april_h_o April Moore
    13 years ago

Hey, gang. Looking forward to tomoorrow. Hellish week at work and not any time to go through all the wants/haves...PLUS, what is up with the rain!?? Good grief.

So, have a number of things that I dug up before all the hail and rain - some will look rather beat up, but should do okay.

- Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia)
    - Brown-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia triloba)
    - Cleome (I'm mostly bringing a pink - it has light pink up top and dark ping on the lower half - lovely)
    - Aromatic aster
    - A gold/pink mum (this one spreads well, but not to the point of being a nuisance)
    - Birdseed sunflowers ( a few, they look pretty beat up)
    - One ornamental grass (miscanthus)
    - Swamp sunflower (only one of these, and it's a nice one)
    - Lamb's ears
    - Yellow four o'clocks
    - False indigo seeds (Baptisia)
    - A couple of Chinese foxgloves
    - Various small sedums (bring something to carry them home in)
    - A spider plant (bring something to carry it home in - it's not huge, but a good start of the variegated kind)
    - Elephan Garlic (they look pathetic because they got pounded by the rain, but they shoudl bounce right back)

I may have a couple of other things - I don't have a list in front of me.

Furthermore -- since I've literally been swamped, there are loads of plants in my garden that I could not get out to dig up, including:

- Goldenrod (Fireworks)
    - More Brown-eyed Susans and Black-Eyed susans
    - More cleome (including a few solid white)
    - A bright yellow Forsythia (this one is more lemon yellow than gold - lovelu)
    - Irises - White (very fragrant and vigorous), purple and white, pink
    - tons of Lamb's ears
    - Several clumps of monkey grass
    - Pink Missouri primrose
    - More birdseed sunflowers
    - Red cannas
    - Orange crocosmia
    - Single burgundy hollyhocks
    - A large, pink shrub rose - similar to a rugosa, tough and thorny - but absolutely prolific in bloom and vigor - I'm really sad I had no time to dig this up beforehand
    - Honorine Jorbet Japanese Anemone
    - Double orange daylilies
    - Western iris
    - And most likely loads more!

I will be working in the garden Sunday, but if any of you would like to tour my garden AND make off with some of these plants, please let me know tomorrow and I'll be sure to be here. Otherwise, I'll have to put these plants out on the curb and hope that the people in our neighborhood who make off with them actually know what they are doing!

See y'all tomorrow. :-)
    So, I'm making an offer to my plant swap buds - if you'd like any of these plants

• april_h_o April Moore
    13 years ago

tlfox - yep, have some elephant garlic and some cleome for you. Pardon their appearance, tho. Stupid rain. :-(

(See you guys shortly....)

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

April, I would love a tour of your garden! And I am sure I would be easily pursuaded to take some things off your hands that need a new home. I know I'll see you in an hour or so but I am afraid I will forget to talk to you about it today.

Rebecca