Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
critterhavenfarm

Newbie to Garden Forum and looking forward to fall swap

critterhavenfarm
14 years ago

Hello all! My friend Ione told me about the TN group on Garden Web so thought I'd join up and see what the swap was about since our farm is only about 15 miles away from Henry Horton Park! Looking forward to meeting you at the fall swap. We had our yard sale on Sat. so I couldn't come up to the spring one, but I hope to be active and not miss any more! I go yearly to the Perennial and Herb sales at the Fairgrounds in Nashville, so am always finding goodies to bring back and grow and then swap with others.

Susan

Comments (11)

• dlhl
    14 years ago

Welcome! I'm also close by HHSP, in Lewisburg. I'm looking forward to the fall swap too. I haven't been to one in the fall yet.

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

This was my first one, and I'm looking forward to fall too. Hope to meet you there! Oh yes, please bring some cool perennials and herbs - I love both! :D

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Hehehehehehe. Ya'll just don't know what you've been missing!

The Fall MTPS's are smaller in number but the closely guarded secret is that there is a lot cooler stuff at the Fall swaps. Our numbers may drop from 100-125 down to 60-80 but Spring swaps are pretty much all about the early to mid-Spring flowers. Think about it!!! How much more stuff blooms from May to October rather than February to May? Get my drift?

But don't spread it around or else the Fall swaps will become bigger than the Spring ones. Shhhhhhhhhhh.

The Fall swaps are much more intimate and more laid-back. Trust me, ya'll will be diggin' it!

Only 151 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 45 seconds away so start now and go to the MTPS website to register early!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

Hi Susan! Welcome to Gardenweb!

Folks, Susan is the breeder of one of my new baby goats. :-)

Here's a pic of him when he was younger:

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Susan, We look forward to meeting you this fall. Critters and plants are two of my favorite things. Mark you calender and register at the web sight. Welcome!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

awww....cute little goat. :) Susan, We look forward to seeing you at the Fall swap! It's a ton of fun, great food, wonderfull people & awesome plants!

- Steve

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Jeff, Mom and I will definitely be at the fall swap. We've been talking a lot about what we're going to bring. :)

Eventually, I am going to have some very nice perennials to divide and share. Grasses too. I was pretty much all irises this time, just because that's what I had that was share-able. But perennials are really my main thing. :)

I'm also considering trying to layer some of my shrubs to be able to share those. I bought some Kumson Forsythia this year, and I've got two branches layered to see if it will work for me.

We were talking about how much we learned at this swap about how to do things, and what we will do differently next time. I want to do a better job of labeling plants with photos.

Can you tell I had so much fun I'm still not over it? :D

• critterhavenfarm
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the welcomes!! Between this forum, my goat forums, twitter, and facebook, oh, and yes my webpage it is so HARD to get out to garden! But today I am determined in this nice cool day to get my herbs planted on and around the deck and on the front porch. Thank goodness the yard sale is over and I have my deck and porch back! I will be there in the fall and going to register now!

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

Way to go Susan!!! That has got to be a record for the earliest registration in the history of the MTPS. Thank you so much.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

I've never seen a baby goat that small. He's adorable!

• critterhavenfarm
    Original Author
    14 years ago

*g*...I want to be sure to go. Can't wait to find out the date.

His half sister weighed less than 2# at birth...they are dwarf goats.