Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new plant swap near chattanooga, tn

Posted by simplylisa Tennessee (lisasavonplace@aol.com) on
Fri, May 25, 07 at 14:37

Just wanted to let you all know that the first Spring Rhea County Plant Swap will be held on June 2, 2007. It will be at Point Park in Dayton, TN which is about 30 minutes from Chattanooga and about 1 1/2 hours from Knoxville. It is also close to Pikeville, Athens, Decatur, Cleveland, Spring City, and sorta close to Rockwood and Crossville. Setup is at 9 am, swapping begins at 10 am and a potluck lunch at noon. We have a website up that is not completely finished yet so please bear with us the web address is www.freewebs.com/rheacountyplantswap If you need more info or directions my e-mail addy is LisasAvonPlace@aol.com please feel free to e-mail me anytime. Sorry for the late notice, this is my first time trying to host a swap and everything locally got hectic and to be honest I forgot I hadn't posted the info here. Most people here are not sure what a plant swap is and I would be thrilled to have some of the faithful GardenWeb swappers come helpo me introduce the locals to these awesome gardening events. Please come if you are able and if your not able please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that my first job at hosting one isn't a complete flop. Thanks in advance.

Hugs,
Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhea County Plant Swap Info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new plant swap near chattanooga, tn

Lisa, I am glad you are having one in the Chattanooga area. Good luck. You will learn as you progress...experience is the best teacher. I hope you have a good turnout.

Jan

o

I wish I could come. I still have Ginkgos, daylilies, cannas, and sedums that need homes, but there's a garden tour in Knoxville that day that I've been signed up for for monthes. Maybe I can catch a fall swap or next year's swap.

o

ditto... while there's no way I can make it/do it this June ... things might be more feasible for next Spring/'08 or perhaps even this Fall - I won't know until closer to those times. Just make sure you don't set them up where they conflict with the other "major" swaps in TN and you stand a much better chance at GW folks who "do" the TN swaps to be able to go to yours as well. I know that used to be "the gig" with horse shows I attended and/or judged at. As long as dates didn't conflict, we'd be on the road virtually every weekend with a "string" of shows. It was nice. :) And then the "season" would wrap up and we'd all recuperate hehe...

o

I'll try to be there

o

Oh my goodness! I just now saw this. I sure do wish I had seen it earlier so that I could have prepared some plants to bring over there and I would be there! I would LOVE to come, but I don't have anything ready to bring. I might just come over anyway just to check out what all ya'll are doing. What a great idea to have the swap near this area! I'll for sure get to the next one with plants in hand! Hope the swap is very successful.

o

How did it go Lisa?

o

I went. It was a nice turnout but we sure missed a few of you. Lisa plans to have another in the fall. I"ve already started thinking about new things to bring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here