Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Another WONDERFUL Swap

brandon7 TN_zone7
16 years ago

In spite of the rain, the Knoxville Spring Plant Swap was a HUGE success! We almost got flooded out with the small river running through our site and the pin holes in the roof that seemed to move directly over wherever I stood, but everything else was spectacular. We had 35 to 40 people show up, great food, tons and tons of plants, some cool fish, and friendly sociable generous traders.

For those of you that didn't come (Jeff, Behaviorkelton, and anyone else that wasn't there), you really missed a very exciting and fun event! Minus the rain, I think this would have to be the best swap we've ever had.

Comments (10)

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

I couldn't believe all the happy smiling faces, even though we were all cold and wet! It was a super swap!

And a special thanks to all the folks (even several of the new swappers) that helped folks in transporting their plants to the pavilion.

• Jan_Hobbs
    16 years ago

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful swap!!!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

BTW, I didn't mean to leave anyone out in the no-show list above. The two I mentioned were the two that very recently said they would try to be there and weren't.

But, on the other hand, who would want to be on the list of people that missed all the fun?

• madmouser
    16 years ago

I've got pictures up of the soggy swap. It was a wonderful day, except for the rain although nobody seemed to really be bothered by the fact that they were dripping wet.
    Enjoyed meeting people and got some lovely plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knoxville Plant Swap

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

If you think that was bad....go 50 mph in the boat down Loudon/Tellico/Watts Bar in that driving rain with no helmet! I thought the rain was going to sandblast my face off!!! Plus they had a tournament with over 200 boats on the water so it was an all around bad weekend for us to try and fish. We still had fun though.

I wish I could have made it but I was only one of four making decisions. Guess who got voted down? I had to hear a bunch of, "We're here to fish not play with pansies" and other assorted things that I can't mention on this forum. :-) I'm glad you guys had a good time. The weather this weekend was freakin' BRUTAL!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

I feel no sympathy, Jeff! You could have been under a nice (relatively) dry shelter. ;-)

We had a great swap. I was soaked before it even started, but it was tons of fun. I finally gave away the Black Beauty lily babies I'd been saving for you, though. You coulda gone home with em if you'd only shown up.... ;-)

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

What can I say? I'm just a moron. Thanks Doc, it's the thought that counts! ;-)

I stayed wet and cold all weekend. Even when I got dry I was still chilled. If I don't get sick then it's going to be a wonder.

• TnShadyLady
    16 years ago

At first, we all kept thinking that it would blow over soon. But then after a point, we were all as wet as we could ever get. I noticed that when I got in the car to leave, my fingers were wrinkled!

I did tell my hubby that I wanted a REAL Waterproof rain jacket for my birthday. Several of us had what we thought were rain jackets, but they were soaked through as it was raining so hard.

But the plants were happy to all find new homes! And real gardeners aren't afraid of a little rain!

• tortoisekeeper
    16 years ago

I had a great time!!! Thank you everyone for all the great plants and Koi I received. It was great to meet everyone. Looking forward to next spring.

Betty

• codered
    16 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you all for all the wonderful plants. I had a great time. It was as good as described. I got so many plants I had to come home and make a new flower garden. I've been digging all day. Tomorrow I get to do the fun stuff.....plant all those beauties!!! I'm making a picture journal, so I'll share pictures when it's finished. I'm looking forward to the next swap!!