Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Who's spending the day planting their goodies?

conniemcghee
14 years ago

:)

I just got my King Humbert cannas planted. It has taken me all day. Why? Well, It didn't take long to dig three holes and dig out the grass around the holes. But then I thought, I might as well make a small bed for them. So I dug out an area around them. But then I thought, well I might as well include the lilac and the rose in the bed. So I dug out all the grass along a 20 ft section of fence. Then I thought I should trench the edges. You get the idea. Anyway, now I have a nice new bed, starring my new cannas!

I'm going to get the perennials in now, then I'll be done!

Comments (12)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    14 years ago

Not me! I am spending the day talking to my new goat babies, feeding the chickens, and vegging out. Maybe tomorrow!

Sounds like you, at least, are being productive. Now come and do some of that over here! :-)

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If I had any goat babies here, I'm sure I'd be talking to them instead! :D

• columbiajen
    14 years ago

I did, with help even!
    After seeing all the iris's yesterday, my daughters and I decided to dig a new Iris bed. We spent the day putting to bed most all the jewels in their new homes. So much fun, and not yet done. On a side note Connie, which one were you? I don't know if we got the chance to meet or not. And does anyone know the name of the gal who had the dried cat nip in the fall and the fresh cat nip yesterday? I forgot to get her name...

Blessings
    Jennifer

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Did not plant here, not dry enough, the winds too strong, plus 'cold', mostly cloudy. Have organized the plants, made tags and placed in journal. Where is that "SUN"?

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Sun, what's that? ;-) I spent about 2 hours potting up some things (mostly herbs & pepper plants), which are now added to my other plants (currently about 2 feet in front of me on the porch), almost completely blocking the view...lol. I still have a ton left to do though!

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

I'm so sore and dirty from it I will have to soak awhile. I think the sun will come out at just the right time to comfort all those new plants. On to the hot water for these old bones.

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jennifer, that's the girl whose name I didn't get either! She was blonde and very friendly. Her husband/boyfriend was with her, right? We talked about the catnip too. She gave me a really pretty iris. Was her name Laurie?

I was the one in a dark gray raincoat and a gray shirt with a dog on it. Blonde hair and a hat that said "Recycle." My mom was with me. We had lots of reblooming irises and a few named ones, and some cannas.

Wanda, it WAS cold today!!! I went out this morning, came right back in and got the long underwear. In May!?! What is THAT? I need a hot bath too, sooooo bad. I got it all in and watered though. Phew!

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

Nope, my loot is still sitting in the garden path waiting for their homes. Hopefully, I will get to them today. Doug and I spent the day digging daylily orders and weeding and weeding and weeding and....

Rebecca

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

I didn't bring too much home with me, but some of it still has yet to go out. However, we DID get the footer dug for the new garden wall (*does Happy Dance*) so that kinda trumped putting anything into the ground. :-)

Since it rained a little this morning, I am thinking I might run over to Needham's and get some more plant...(ahem!) nursery pots to put things in for the Homeowner's Field Day plant sale (see more info at the end of this message). Yep, that's it! That's why I need to go there. Yep.

(And, by the way - obligatory blurb:

Presented by: UT/TSU EXTENSION, Davidson County and the Davidson County Master Gardeners
    When: June 20, 2009, 9:00­ AM - 3:00 PM
    Where: Ellington Agricultural Center
    UT Central Region Extension Office
    5201 Marchant Drive, Nashville, TN 37211
    Admission is FREE

Featuring Master Gardener talks on plants and specialty gardens, as well as tours and a plant sale.

Events & Topics:
    â Perennial Flowers
    â Azaleas
    â Color Wheel
    â Ornamental Grasses
    â Butterfly Gardens
    â Basil & Thyme
    â Groundcovers
    â Shade
    â Limited Mobility
    â Knockout Roses
    â Controlling Moles
    â Tufa Pots
    â Grounds on display
    â White Elephant Sale
    â Roof Garden
    â Rain Garden
    â Plant Clinic
    â Plant Sale

--- Come on out and visit!)

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey April, I'm going to that! Mom is a DCMG :) We went through the program together in 2002. I'm not active anymore, but she has been working with them for seven years.

It sounds like it's going to be so much fun! That's really close to me...only about 5 minute drive.

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

That's cool, Connie. I should see you there. I went through the DCMG training in 2005, myself. I figured donating some plants to the Plant Sale would be the easiest way I could help out this year - and my garden still has lots of stuff that needs to be split!

• april_h_o April Moore
    14 years ago

That's cool, Connie. I should see you there. I went through the DCMG training in 2005, myself. I figured donating some plants to the Plant Sale would be the easiest way I could help out this year - and my garden still has lots of stuff that needs to be split!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville